Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Hey guys, I was wondering what you guys are paying for gym memberships, and whereabout you guys go. I'm pretty much done with Ann Arbor, hence no more college gym. I'm residing with my folks for my off year till medical school, and need to get a gym membership.

Thus far, my searching has been fruitless. I've talked with the following gyms, Gold's Gym, YMCA, Curves, Lifetime (friggin' ridiculous price), Bally's, and Powerhouse. The cheapest place I could find was Powerhouse Gym for $250/year, which is still too expensive.

I'm thinking about inquiring with the local colleges in my area, OCC. IIRC, UofM offers like $15/month memberships for non-student/faculty. So if I can score something like this around my area, that'd be great. Any suggestions or ideas of places I should get in touch with? Thanks guys.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I think Lifetime offers student discounts if you have an ID. It is hella expensive but it has everything you need and more! (including GREAT looking women )

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
still not worth it--- trust me; lifetime is the biggest rip off ever

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Just a summer membership for students isn't a bad deal at all (even though he's looking for a year), but living 5 minutes from it and having a lot of friends that work there is a fine benefit as well.

I would try and find just a small, privately owned place. What area are you in?

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
The cheapest place I could find was Powerhouse Gym for $250/year, which is still too expensive.

Are you joking?! That's $20 a month. That's .75 a day to use all the equipment/facilites. Wish I could find a place in GR that cheap. You want $20 a year? Get real.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by todras:

Are you joking?! That's $20 a month. That's .75 a day to use all the equipment/facilites. Wish I could find a place in GR that cheap. You want $20 a year? Get real.

he's a poor college student. he needs to save all the $$ he can (to pay back all those loans for that crappy U of M education)

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
stay away from the fitness usa, unless you are 70 years old

-- SAY NO TO RICE -- -------------------- # 2002 out of 2760, RS-7 18 inch Bronze Enkies, Dual Magnaflow Exhaust, samochod
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
been w/ Bally's since 99. My monthly bill is around $9. It lowers each year you are with the gym. Depending on location Bally's can very in quality. The one I go to is very nice though. Tons of machines, smith machines, cables, free weights from 5lbs-100lbs, a lot of tread mills and ellipticals, steppers, running track, pool, sauna, hot tub, aerobic room/classes, juice/protein bar, etc.

One of the best perks though is most memberships will allow you to go to any Bally's in the country. Not sure if other gyms let you do this. That is a huge benefit in itself. I have been to many Bally's in several different states when out of town for vacation or business.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
you said your in ann arbor right? -- well, if your any close than that, i do know that if you were to do the bally's membership, there is one in novi.. not to sure the other locations closer to ann arbor, but it's only like, 20 minutes away

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard