Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Stevers:
Pete, does Z2 on the windscreen have the same effect as Rain-X?

My experiences with applying a sealant to the front windshield varies. Some applications it's great and water beads right up and off and other applications result in wiper chatter.

If you want to try it, I suggest applying it to a small (6"x6" ?) section over on the passenger side and see how it works for you.

Having something on the windshield, whether it be a sealant or Rain-x or whatever definitely helps to prevent/reduce water spots.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
coffie filters work great IMO

my ride: 1998 Ford SVT contour Silver mods: Silver grilles,knauberized,gold calipers,HELLA Optilux Angel Eyes,piaa windsheild wipers....next mods to come within the next month: SVTF euro wheels,Fuzion ZRI`s 215/40/17,Eibachs
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Try not to use paper towels. In my experience (not as much as others), they leave a residue on the window no matter what. Use a clean MF cloth, newspaper, or glass towel(never knew it existed) to clean windows.

While your at Wal-Mart, pick up some Rain-X, that stuff works awesome to reduce water spots.

Never tried coffee filters before.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by KerryKool:

they work really really good...no smearing

my ride: 1998 Ford SVT contour Silver mods: Silver grilles,knauberized,gold calipers,HELLA Optilux Angel Eyes,piaa windsheild wipers....next mods to come within the next month: SVTF euro wheels,Fuzion ZRI`s 215/40/17,Eibachs
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by my98SVTturbo:
Originally posted by KerryKool:

they work really really good...no smearing

Funny you should mention this. I just read a newspaper column at lunch today listing uses for coffee filters. Window cleaning was one of them. Highly absorbent and lint-free!

Also good in the bottom of potted plants to keep the soil from running out when you water.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Spelling Nazi:
Also good in the bottom of potted plants to keep the soil from running out when you water.

Word.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard