Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Just wondering if anyone remembers where to find a picture of spots to drill your front oval if you were going to replace the mesh,etc.--

I'm going to sand the chrome down and paint it black and i don't want to deal with trying to avoid painting my grill mesh--

(would have searched but really just don't know what to search for-- tried 'painted oval', 'seperating oval', etc.)

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D

FS: Stock Diff. Stock Shift Forks SE Front and Rear Bumper
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
thank you very much

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
damn that looks harder than I thought

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
It is actually very easy to do with a dremel. It took me about 15-20 min to seperate the grill.

FS: Stock Diff. Stock Shift Forks SE Front and Rear Bumper
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Yeah, it's easy, just make sure you keep checking your progress. I kept drilling deeper in a few spots and broke some tabs on the chrome oval.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
so it's basically the spots where if you were to take it out, you would see something that looks like melted plastic in areas where the 'holes' are shown in the diagram.. and you just dremel or drill straight into them? should the drill fit the size of the hole?

i have trouble sucking up the guts to do stuff like this, so i'm just makin sure haha

H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I just drilled straight into them.

Let me try to draw an ASCII diagram:

---|__|
---|__|
--//__\\___

so that is what is coming from the chrome piece. The top part fits into holes in the black piece. You want to drill that top part away until you have this left:

---____
--//__\\___

(disregard the dashed lines on the left, they are just spacers)

once you are left with those little tabs, you are going to drill holes in them so you can screw everything back together.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard