Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Good info. My notes that I have also agree w/ yours.

Map light can be interchanged w/ m-17 (8w) or L-05 (4w). I may chance the m-17 b/c even though the L-05 is supposed to be brighter than a normal 4w. I would hate dim map light. Plus for as long as you have them on (just a few minutes at a time) the M-17 should be ok.

Not having a bulb to replace the vanity sucks though.

I still need to find something that will work for that. Are you positive it is a #74? Do you have a gauge cluster bulb and the vanity beside each other to compare side by side? If I cannot find it in Polarg maybe I will try PIAA.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
Not having a bulb to replace the vanity sucks though.

I still need to find something that will work for that. Are you positive it is a #74? Do you have a gauge cluster bulb and the vanity beside each other to compare side by side? If I cannot find it in Polarg maybe I will try PIAA.

I will compare today as soon as I get home from work. But so far I'm 99% sure they are both 74.

Also, anyone reading this thread and getting confused about all the bulbs, don't worry. I'm compiling a complete list of all the interior bulbs to convert all to white lights.

I have most of them already. I'm not just finding bulbs that will fit either. I'm making sure they are correct wattage as some of them will fit but wattage is waaaay too high.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
good deal. I'm glad I have someone who is doing the same mod and is as interested in completing and doing right. It's great when you have someone to bounce ideas off of.

P.S. Sylvania has 161 for instrument (general). Which is what you are saying is the same bulb for the vanity. That being said, I don't know if "instrument - general" means bulbs behind the gauges etc. (that you were saying might be #74's). I know I have bought LED's that were no base #74's for the gauge lighting in the past but sylvania lists it as 161 #. Maybe 161 and #74 are the same. I have not been successful finding an aftermarket bulb in 161 though.

All I need is a vanity aftermarket and I will be done!

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Ok, I retract my previous statement about the vanity bulb. It is not a 74. Looking at it quickly, it appears to be but compare the vanity bulb and gauge bulb (74) side by side, it's obvious they are not.

Here is a picture:

The vanity bulb is tiny bit shorter, and has a slightly smaller base. So it's larger than the clock, but smaller than the gauge bulb.

Also, Sylvania is wrong about the "instrument" bulbs. The only 161 bulbs are in the HVAC panel.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Is the clock and the vanity base the same size? It looks close?

This vanity bulb is being a PITA

Its the last piece of the puzzle. I don't want this lighting make-over to be 90% complete. I'm going to continue to look.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
Is the clock and the vanity base the same size? It looks close?

Nope. Not the same, clock is very small.

Here is something interesting.....

superlumination.com listed 74 and 37 together in the same category.

Quote:

#74 bulbs replace the following bulbs:17 18 37 70 73 79 85 86 2721

Yet, I tried to squeeze the 74 bulb into the vanity bulb socket, and it will not fit. I guess if you can find a 74 bulb in the correct color, file down the base a little thinner, it will fit right in. The bulb size is not the issue. It's the base that's wider on the 74.

EDIT: Crap, I left out the whole thing before about the vanity being a 37 bulb. When I pulled it out of the mirror, it had GE 37 labeled on it. I searched around the net and confirmed based on volts, watt, and size that it is a 37 bulb.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
The best thing to do for your clock is to chage it to leds. I used two blue leds and it looks awesome.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by KerryKool:
The best thing to do for your clock is to chage it to leds. I used two blue leds and it looks awesome.

Already done that. My interior is all red.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

To all three cars? I did all of my interior to blue.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

To all three cars? I did all of my interior to blue.

No, just my black SVT. The 2000 is staying totally stock in appearance. And the other 98 is just for parts.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard