Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
I kinda like that front bumper and side skirts if it was a bit lower though. rims look

98.5 Silver Contour SVT 4931/6535 - March 8th, 1998. *Knaubernized *Brows *Clear Corners *5% Tints *Lil bump in the trunk ^.^ CarDomain Page *Updated August 6th*
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by Pienstars:
Originally posted by PacificTourG:
Originally posted by xchang:
I'm not gonna even say it... ok, I will.

REPOST

ok, I feel better...

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=picsvids&Number=1207668&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

3 months later and it's still for sale.

Probably has something to do with the fact that it's HIDEOUS.

And ragged out.

It's easy to see why it never come to market. Who would want it. That rear spoiler looks like it was made from handicapped bathtub railing.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

Rick 98 Red CSVT #6 of 6535 Born Nov. 12, 1996 02 Jeep Liberty Limited 79 Datsun 280ZX w/ 355sbc
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i seriously looked into buying this.
but the amount of damage done to the body would require almost a complete repaint and reparing the CF so it looked good would be kinda hard.

plus they are staying rather firm on the $20k price tag.
at most i was going to offer them $5k.
just becuse it would be cool to own a one off car, even if it is kinda ugly.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i think it looks a bit ricey. i dont even think its an svt by the look of the grill. they should have put a list of engine mods. i would like to know whats under the hood of it. all i see are the aesthetic mods. only thing that looks good on it i think is the antena and the fender flairs.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
i think it looks a bit ricey. i dont even think its an svt by the look of the grill. they should have put a list of engine mods. i would like to know whats under the hood of it. all i see are the aesthetic mods. only thing that looks good on it i think is the antena and the fender flairs.

I think it used to be supercharged, but they seem to have "uninstalled" that piece (except for the "supercharged" badge on the trunklid.)

Other than that...

$20k is steep. Yes, it's a one-off, but there are a lot of one-off Contours. They value their own name a bit too highly, IMO. Otherwise the kit isn't bad--just a little dated looking now. If it had some actual racing history, it might be worth what they're asking.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
yes the car was supercharged, but they could never get it to run right so they took it off.
according to them, the car would take a lot to get it into drive-able condition. they wouldn't get into what was required to make it drive-able.
the most the car was driven was when the huffer was on it.
the car has very low mileage.

and yes it was an SVT.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
i'll take the wheels and thats about it--

anyone realize how ugly and small the exhaust tips are?

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ElKy:
i seriously looked into buying this.
but the amount of damage done to the body would require almost a complete repaint and reparing the CF so it looked good would be kinda hard.

plus they are staying rather firm on the $20k price tag.
at most i was going to offer them $5k.
just becuse it would be cool to own a one off car, even if it is kinda ugly.

I'm actually willing to go quite a bit higher than that... $20K is ridiculous (as is $5K). They'll get the message eventually. $12K is a happy price - and man do I have the drivetrain (and other resources) to give this Saleen back some serious "respect!" Car shows and maybe a Magazine article. Could happen. I�ll bet Keith at ADC would love to see this thing show up next spring!

I haven't contacted them because who needs the stress and the expense of all that?

I'm going to offer my 2000 Black SVT for sale as soon as I have 65,000 miles on it. Someone will get a no-fooling, legitimately great deal.

When I'm down to two low mileage SVTs, and before I start serious Turbo 3L conversion on one of my tropic green 99 SVTs this fall, maybe then I'll send them a more than fair offer - which they will of course refuse!

Hey, I could throw a car in with the offer...

Does anyone from Saleen monitor this board?

Regardless, its still one ugly car...but with show quality paint and enough horsepower, no one will mind.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
^^I wish i had the money and the cars this guy is throwin around ^^

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard