Next Thread
Print Thread
B
BAD SVT Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
hey guyz, jus got a new set of rear koni yellow struts for ma 98 svt. The mechanic says they don't fit. just talked to the person i bought tha car from n says that he had to do a little bit of modification to the struts. He didn't remember, and i searched tha forum but found no much help. what exactly do i need 2 do to modify them?

Last edited by geejay4ever; 07/13/06 07:25 PM.

gj4eva
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I put my koni's in yesterday, there are no modifications that need to be made to get them into the rear.

FS: Stock Diff. Stock Shift Forks SE Front and Rear Bumper
B
BAD SVT Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
well... tha car is lowered with a camber kit. does that matter? The struts koni sent are larger in diameter(not d plate!) than the ones that r on tha car now. I'm confused!

Last edited by geejay4ever; 07/13/06 08:57 PM.

gj4eva
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The camber kit should only be for the front. Can you post any pics of the struts? What are the part numbers?

B
BAD SVT Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
i finally figured it out. the struts that were sent earlier were tha wrong ones. the right ones finally came but still had a major problem. Problem was; the guy i bought tha car from used koni struts with Eibach springs. They are coilovers from ground control. tha only way they work is for the plates to be cut off. that is tha grove that a regular koni spring would sit in. Anywayz, it worked. ma ride can be heightened n lowered ANYTIME!

gj4eva

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard