Print Thread
#1609581 07/13/06 06:30 PM
D
dgodard Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Hi guys, I've been searching and can't find anything yet.

I want to know if storage of miles is just made in odometer or in PCM too?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by dgodard; 07/13/06 06:31 PM.

00 Mystique LS V6 ATX 57K miles K&N air filter TH Fix B&M 70268 Atx cooler
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Odometer only. So when you go to roll your odometer back, you'll be the only one that knows!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
That's sad. after ALL THAT.. trying to sound innocent, and probably re-writing his post a thousand times to hide the fact; it still stood out so much that I didn't bother answering, and you zoned in on it, instantly.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Ray:
That's sad. after ALL THAT.. trying to sound innocent, and probably re-writing his post a thousand times to hide the fact; it still stood out so much that I didn't bother answering, and you zoned in on it, instantly.

In 3 minutes, he's going to come back and say "but but but, I'm interested in buying this car, and I want to know if the dealer can check the pcm to verify mileage."

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
He could just be swapping gauge clusters.

You guys don't know, so don't jump on him automatically.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
If I were swapping clusters, and wanted the milage to match, I'd ask THAT.. what does the PCM storing (or, in this case, not storing) the mileage have to do with swapping a cluster? it isn't gonna stop you, and won't change whether or not the cluster WORKS...

Things you ask tend to show what you are truly looking for. He isn't looking to swap clusters.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

D
dgodard Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
thanks by replying Y2KSVT , lol....i shouldn't ask it then ....i just wanted to know this because i bought this car for wife a few months ago and i'm just trying to figure out if mileage was real, carfax said it was.... i had a dodge neon that had mileage at PCM too, with a chrysler scanner you can fin real mileage in a car, i'm a newbie with fords....

Ray, by the way, i live at Laredo at border...that's why i was asking.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by Ray:

In 3 minutes, he's going to come back and say "but but but, I'm interested in buying this car, and I want to know if the dealer can check the pcm to verify mileage."

Mark

Originally posted by dgodard:
thanks by replying Y2KSVT , lol....i shouldn't ask it then ....i just wanted to know this because i bought this car for wife a few months ago and i'm just trying to figure out if mileage was real, carfax said it was.... i had a dodge neon that had mileage at PCM too, with a chrysler scanner you can fin real mileage in a car, i'm a newbie with fords....

Ray, by the way, i live at Laredo at border...that's why i was asking.

That's funny. You actually said practically what they said you would!!

If CARFAX said the mileage was correct, why in the world would you want to check it anywhere else? CARFAX will show if there is a discrepancy in the mileage (rollback or whatever).

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
D
dgodard Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
lol, i know...but they say that i'll buy a car...that's not true, i bought the car 8months ago....until now i got this doubt. carfax only shows like 3 records.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Look at other things on the car, like the brake pedal/heel area on carpet/drivers seat/steering wheel/shifter.

If the car has really low miles and that stuff is worn like on my 102,000 mile car, then you should be curious.

Now I've changed my guage cluster out... it's very simple to pop open the cluster and remove a couple Torx screws to swap either the whole speedometer assembly, or just the speedometer guts.

In my case, the speedometer face was screwed up, so I had to swap guts. Now my speedometer is about 20km/h fast... oops! Guess I should fix it sometime, but I'm not worried about it.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V

Link Copied to Clipboard