Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
G Stone Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Today, I am lucky to be alive. Today, I am lucky to not be seriously hurt. Today, my Contour died. At around 4:45, I was coming back home from getting a hair cut. I was traveling down roads I have driven through a million times before. It was just another and a good day so far. As I made a turn down a side street I saw a Ford Excursion (or whatever that big damn truck's name is) Coming to a stop sign. I was very close to the stop sign and saw the truck not stop for the sign but keep going into the street. Stupid me, I thought people were supposed to stop for those. By the time I was in the intersection so was he. I layed on my horn but he must have never saw me because he never hit the brakes. I was hit at atleast 30mph but I think it was much faster. The truck nailed me square in between the drivers side front and rear doors. I then was sent spinning around and careening into a light pole. It happened in seconds.

When the car finally stopped thats when I started to get really pissed. I believe, "what the [censored] do you think you're doing came out of my mouth". I was rightfully mad and the guy new that. All he said was, "all my fault". You damn right it was. This guy blew a stop sign didn't look either way and didn't even slow down till after he hit me. I swear, there are too many dumb [censored] drivers out there. So I called my Dad from work and the manager of the McDonalds next door called the cops and an ambulance came to. I asked him why he didn't stop for the stop sign and he became very defensive and pissy saying that he said he was sorry and that it was his fault. Bottom line was I was pissed and rightfully so.

Now for the damage to the car. It is obviously totaled out. entire drivers side is caved in and smashed to [censored]. My passenger side back tire is turned sideways from where I hit the light pole. There is obviously heavy frame damage. Oh yea, there is a crack in the windshield from the frame getting twisted I bet. Rear deck window, and both driver's side windows shattered and the two side mirrors were ripped off. It was sad seeing the tow truck tow my car and listening to that bent tire squeal. I am okay, I went to the ER and got checked out. Just some very light pain in my shoulder and my neck in kinda stiff and sore. I am taking off these next 2 days of work to get everything figured out with my insurance company and getting a loaner car and taking all my belongings out of my beloved Contour. What is really sad is that I just installed Hella Optilux foglights the day before this and just got the angel eyes working 45min before the accident. Isn't that the pits?

Goodbye my friend. I will always remember you..and I will always miss you. R.I.P. 5/95 - 7/11/06

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Holy hell. At least you weren't seriously injured. That's all that matters.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
G
G Stone Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
Holy hell. At least you weren't seriously injured. That's all that matters.

That is really all that matters and that is why I am so thankful that I wasn't seriously injured. The car protected me very well.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Glad that you were not hurt.

Cars can be replaced, no matter how special they are. Your life is the most important thing.

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Glad to hear you are ok. Sorry about your car!

Alicia 96 Contour LX 2.5L V6 Duratec Stock of course! BAD ASS GIRLS DRIVE BAD ASS CARS!!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/sweet_ride01
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
So your talking about your car? Your car is your "friend"?????

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Not a good post to make, plance. You obviously get the gist from reading the post.

Gstone, man.. I am SO glad you are still here to even tell us about it. She did what she was SUPPOSED to do! She protected you.

May you have a speedy recovery from the damage, and from any pain you may have.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by contour96:

+1

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Originally posted by contour96:

+1

+2!!

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Holy hell is right. So what is the driver going to get? Maybe an at fault ticket. Big deal. I'd take that jackass to the cleaners.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard