Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I used to have a stratus and belonged to a stratus board after searching google for related stuff. The car was beginning to die, and I realized how much I hated the car. That worldtour guy was on that forum, and pointed me in this direction (research ensued) and I bought an svt.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
Originally posted by Pugulis:
For the past five years I had been driving a 1987 Lesabre T-type. For those of you who don't know it (most don't) the Lesabre T-type was made for 3 years from 87-89. It was meant to replace the Grand National. But the prototypes they built had a problem hooking up the turbo to the fwd (the axles kept snaping). So Buick decided to give the car a handling package instead. This made the car one of the best handling cars made in the late 80's. The only GM that handled better was the Vette. The 3.8v6 was a powful engine, so much so that GM uses it in many of there cars to this day. Unlike the ford 3.8, the Buick one is a great engine. Good hp and tons of torque. Enough power that I could keep up with and beat most cars of the same generation (i.e. Camaros and Mustangs from the 80's) unless, of course, they had any work done on them. I loved this car like no other. Well, early this year I was coming back from a gig in NYC (I'm a musician) and the car started to overheat. The end result was either a blown head gasket or crack in the block or heads. Because of the age of the car and the fact that it needed other cosmetic work, I knew it was time to get a new one. Now even though I love the old T, It was becoming more and more difficult to get parts. The only place to go was the website I belonged to www.lesabreT.com or a salvage yard. I decided to look for a new car that I could love. While browsing ebay I came across the Contour. The cars looked to be in my price range with good gas milage and all that. While doing research I found CEG. After reading a few of the post I noticed alot of similarities between the lesabre T-type and the contour svt(i.e.good performance but underated). As well as the similarities of the owners and what they wanted out of a car. I decided that I had to get a Contour. After bidding, and losing out, on a few SVT's, I thought I was out of luck. Then I came across someone selling a regular v6 fully loaded in the local paper. When I went to look at the car it was better than I had expected. It was Black with a sunrood and alloy wheels. The girl was asking 1800, I offered 1700. I drove it home that day! That was over three months ago, and I love the car more and more every day!

very good story, although I need to disagree about the GM 3.8. Back in the late 80's it was an amaizing engine, ill hand GM that, but its getting so old and they keep putting the same engine in their new cars. I mean, my mom's 05' grand prix GT has the SAME engine that her 93 buick Regal had, the only real difference is that hers is a Series 3 which has some computer differences which allowed a slight increase in horsepower. Its still based off pushrod technology. I think its time for GM to move up and design a more technilogically advanced V6 for their midsized cars.

And I need to disagree back. Old technology does not equate to bad technology. Yes, my old-fogey parents have a 2002 white Buick LeSabre w/ a series 3 3800. Here we have a larger engine than in my 'tour coupled to an ATX in a car that probably weighs half a ton more than mine. Not only is it as quick, if not quicker than mine, it's nearly silent and gets 32 mpg on the highway compared to my 27. If there was a way to shoe-horn one of those into a 'tour, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Even with the ATX.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Real easy, I wanted a stick shift, and the only thing I could find (and afford) was a 97 SE Zetec. It got me started cause I really liked the style of the body plus it was a 4 door. I googled to find CEG and the rest is history.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I joined because I bought a contour and while I was looking info on her...I came achross this forum.

Forums like this one & mymonte.com are great, cause U get just about any info U need on your car, plus U can learn how to both Mod/Fix things yourself...ranther than going to a shop.

I love this place, and I'll always will be here

1997 Ford Contour SE Car's D.O.B. 2-15-1997 from Ford-KC Plant Black Lighting http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389976
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I was destined to own a Contour. Even had a journal entry from 8th grade stating how I wanted one (even when at the time I barely knew anything about them, and promptly forgot when I was actually looking for cars).

Went car shopping with Dad shortly after I got my licence. Something with four doors and a floor-shifter (hate column shifters!) automatic. Found a few, including a promising '97 Altima from Riverside Mitsubishi (any NE-CEGer can tell you about this place and why I'm VERY GLAD I didn't buy a car from them - article!!!!!!) but the price was too high. Took a look at a '00 Contour SE and liked it but the salesman from this Ford dealership was being rather rude to me. Found the '98 loaded SE at another Ford dealership and loved it - better price, better salesman, better car. Parents brought it home March 9, 2001. I registered on CEG shortly after my mom discovered the website, and asked the community a few newbie questions about my car. I had been a member of some e-mail lists for several years, but this was the first bulletin-board forum I'd ever registered on. First posts were something about the fuel pump and the crappy headlights - they're still in the Archives actually.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard