Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Back in '98 I was driving a '92 Mitsubishi Galant. I had loved the way these cars looked since high school. When the tranny in my full size Chevy truck cratered, I snapped up a pristine Dk Green Galant. Peppy 16v engine, ATX. I loved the car dearly. Fast forward to early '98. Driving home from work one morning in Kansas City I attempt to accelerate up a hill on the Interstate .... and nothing. Engine revs, but the car is coasting. I manage to coast off the highway safely, and get the car towed to a transmission shop. $1200 later ($900 for a USED tranny (rebuilt was going to cost $2500!!!), $300 for the install) and I'm back on the road. Sadly, just a few months later the replacement transmission begins to slip. CRAP! Three ATXs in a row and I'd had it!

Passing a Ford dealer in Raytown on the way to work I spotted an F-150 on the used lot. It was brand new, but was a hail-damaged purchase, hence it's presence on the used lot. I missed having a truck, and that's really the main reason I'd stopped to look at an F-150. It should be mentioned at this point that I come from a GM family, and I had hated Fords with the white-hot heat of a thousand burning suns. Well, the F-150 had a contract being written on it, so it was out. I remembered hearing that the Contour could be had w/ a V6 and a MTX (if I was getting a car I wanted a V6, and by this time a MTX was a requirement regardless of the vehicle). The only reason I considered looking at the 'Tour (besides the engine/tranny combo) was the facelift for '98. At the time I didn't really care for the look of the '95-'97s. On a lark I asked the salesman if they had any V6/MTX 'Tours. He told me they had only one. It was a Silver Frost '98 SE. The '99s were out by this time (September) so there was a substantial discount on the '98s. It stickered at almost 20k, but w/ year-end discounts was down to 15k. I test drove the car and INSTANTLY fell in love with it. I bought it that same day and had it home by early afternoon and I've loved it every single day since. Just last week I had my first CEL, so it's been reliable as hell.

Now, as far as contour.org... a year or so later I was at the Kansas City car show. I spotted a T-red SVT in the Ford display. While drooling over the car, a man next to me asked if I had a Contour. After replying in the affirmative, he told me about contour.org. I trolled for a bit, and I think I registered way back then but lost track of my log-in as I didn't visit the boards much. I re-upped in 2003 and since the car was finally paid for and now out of warranty I finally allowed the mod bug to bite. Now, I'm on here every day and posting away!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
A long time ago (in this galaxy, though) my brother worked at a Lincoln/Mercury dealership with livinsvt. They started hanging out once in a while, and when he came by my house in his silver SVT I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. He finally took me for a ride in it and I loved it. He was the one who also introduced me to contour.org.

Something happened to my mom's Taurus and we had to get a rental car for a week or so, and it turned out to be a 1999 Contour V6 ATX. I started driving the thing all of the time and kept falling in love with Contours. After joining the site and bugging my parents to let me buy one for about a year we finally started looking for a vehicle to replace my first car, a 1988 Ford Bronco II . We were actually looking for a 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra primarily, and we even told a guy we'd give him a deposit on one we were looking at (in person) and he declined and said someone else wanted it right before us. If it wasn't for that, and the rental car, I probably would've ended up with a Cobra or Focus SVT. We continued looking until I found my silver SVT in Auburn Hills, MI. It had some scratches on the drivers side rear quarter panel, but the price was right, everything worked, and it drove well. We ended up buying it.

I owned it for just over 4 years, through a deer accident, a blown engine, and finally a D-Bag (yes, with a capital D) who totalled it by running a red light. Even though I will probably not buy another CDW-27 for my next car, I will still call this site my home and probably be on here daily . I hate to say it, but Common Interests is pretty much my source of news, jokes, and random entertainment

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by jtour:
Originally posted by Bike2112:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
I joined because I bought a contour and found this forum.

x2

x3

x4

Steve Help Support MS research 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector 2002 Explorer Limited Former cars '98 T-Red SVT and 2000 Silver Frost SVT
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I bought my car in NOV 01 Cause the tarus I had bit the dust. We broke a motor mount again and had the tires out of alighment and figured with the money that we have put in to it would be better to trade it in. We spent 4 days straight going to diff dearlers. Nobody would finance me cause I was getting out of the Marines in 9 months and had no garranted job. We went to a dealership in Kearney Mesa and told them what was going and we wanted to get approved before we even looked at a car. I had an appt some where else that day. They called us back and said that we got approved and they had 7 cars inour price range all we had to do was pick the one that we wanted. They had 5 Corollas and 1 Red camry and the contour. I don't do red. We picked the Contour. The only site I was able to find was SHOSHOP.com and they were usually not to much Help. I was looking at SVT's on EBay and found a black one and sent him a message and asked him where he purchased his parts and he game me Contour.org. Never left since.

99 Contour SE Sport
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by cruises8:

x2

x3

x4

x5

00 Mystique LS V6 ATX 57K miles K&N air filter TH Fix B&M 70268 Atx cooler
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by dgodard:
Originally posted by cruises8:

x2

x3

x4

x5

x6

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I found this forum because my battery was low, and my Air Bag light flashed, and I google searched Air Bag trouble codes, and CEG was result 1, Air bag code 12 was what I had, and I was impressed, and clicked on forums, signed up, and began posting every now and then. Now I have a Taurus, but cant get off this forum

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
I had already bought the car. I didn't know anything about it until I was searching on the internet. i just typed "Ford Contour" in a search engine and it was the first thing to come up.

96 Contour GL 2.0, ATX "Herman" 101K "A Clean zetec is happy zetec"
P
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
P
For the past five years I had been driving a 1987 Lesabre T-type. For those of you who don't know it (most don't) the Lesabre T-type was made for 3 years from 87-89. It was meant to replace the Grand National. But the prototypes they built had a problem hooking up the turbo to the fwd (the axles kept snaping). So Buick decided to give the car a handling package instead. This made the car one of the best handling cars made in the late 80's. The only GM that handled better was the Vette. The 3.8v6 was a powful engine, so much so that GM uses it in many of there cars to this day. Unlike the ford 3.8, the Buick one is a great engine. Good hp and tons of torque. Enough power that I could keep up with and beat most cars of the same generation (i.e. Camaros and Mustangs from the 80's) unless, of course, they had any work done on them. I loved this car like no other. Well, early this year I was coming back from a gig in NYC (I'm a musician) and the car started to overheat. The end result was either a blown head gasket or crack in the block or heads. Because of the age of the car and the fact that it needed other cosmetic work, I knew it was time to get a new one. Now even though I love the old T, It was becoming more and more difficult to get parts. The only place to go was the website I belonged to www.lesabreT.com or a salvage yard. I decided to look for a new car that I could love. While browsing ebay I came across the Contour. The cars looked to be in my price range with good gas milage and all that. While doing research I found CEG. After reading a few of the post I noticed alot of similarities between the lesabre T-type and the contour svt(i.e.good performance but underated). As well as the similarities of the owners and what they wanted out of a car. I decided that I had to get a Contour. After bidding, and losing out, on a few SVT's, I thought I was out of luck. Then I came across someone selling a regular v6 fully loaded in the local paper. When I went to look at the car it was better than I had expected. It was Black with a sunrood and alloy wheels. The girl was asking 1800, I offered 1700. I drove it home that day! That was over three months ago, and I love the car more and more every day!

A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Pugulis:
For the past five years I had been driving a 1987 Lesabre T-type. For those of you who don't know it (most don't) the Lesabre T-type was made for 3 years from 87-89. It was meant to replace the Grand National. But the prototypes they built had a problem hooking up the turbo to the fwd (the axles kept snaping). So Buick decided to give the car a handling package instead. This made the car one of the best handling cars made in the late 80's. The only GM that handled better was the Vette. The 3.8v6 was a powful engine, so much so that GM uses it in many of there cars to this day. Unlike the ford 3.8, the Buick one is a great engine. Good hp and tons of torque. Enough power that I could keep up with and beat most cars of the same generation (i.e. Camaros and Mustangs from the 80's) unless, of course, they had any work done on them. I loved this car like no other. Well, early this year I was coming back from a gig in NYC (I'm a musician) and the car started to overheat. The end result was either a blown head gasket or crack in the block or heads. Because of the age of the car and the fact that it needed other cosmetic work, I knew it was time to get a new one. Now even though I love the old T, It was becoming more and more difficult to get parts. The only place to go was the website I belonged to www.lesabreT.com or a salvage yard. I decided to look for a new car that I could love. While browsing ebay I came across the Contour. The cars looked to be in my price range with good gas milage and all that. While doing research I found CEG. After reading a few of the post I noticed alot of similarities between the lesabre T-type and the contour svt(i.e.good performance but underated). As well as the similarities of the owners and what they wanted out of a car. I decided that I had to get a Contour. After bidding, and losing out, on a few SVT's, I thought I was out of luck. Then I came across someone selling a regular v6 fully loaded in the local paper. When I went to look at the car it was better than I had expected. It was Black with a sunrood and alloy wheels. The girl was asking 1800, I offered 1700. I drove it home that day! That was over three months ago, and I love the car more and more every day!

very good story, although I need to disagree about the GM 3.8. Back in the late 80's it was an amaizing engine, ill hand GM that, but its getting so old and they keep putting the same engine in their new cars. I mean, my mom's 05' grand prix GT has the SAME engine that her 93 buick Regal had, the only real difference is that hers is a Series 3 which has some computer differences which allowed a slight increase in horsepower. Its still based off pushrod technology. I think its time for GM to move up and design a more technilogically advanced V6 for their midsized cars.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard