Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Just wondering if these "home shop-presses" work just as fine as the hydrolic ones used in shops. I need to press out a wheel bearing for my csvt, would these types of presses be sufficient? (Follow link...) I'm referring to the top two presses in the results.

http://www.nextag.com/bearing-press/search-html

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
those are really small, only really useful for u-joints and such. could never do a wheel bearing with it.

i have This Press and its great for real pressing jobs. i used it to rpess the bearings and gears in my transmission when i swapped in the zetec FD. again you cant use that for wheel bearings, at least not without tons of adapters

very minimum you need Something Like This , then again im not too sure how good that exactly is. but it would probably work. im tempted to buy it just to see how good it is. also you dont need a shop press to use that its all done with a big screw.

now at work We Have This. this kit works flawlessly. its very high quality and i totally recommend it. although not very cheap it works on pretty much any wheel bearing you will ever need to press. i can borrow that from work any time i want to and thats why i havent purchased that cheapo kit

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
I'm just going to have a machine shop do it then. But just because I'm curious, what "big screw" would you need to buy or what other tools do you need for that adapter kit from harbor freight to work?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Don't ghetto rig the installation of a wheel bearing it WILL fail.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard