Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1607151 07/10/06 09:59 AM
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
i am planning on changing everything out from the precats all the way back. i am purchasing msds headers from cta motorsports tommorow and i was thinking of getting this too

Dual Exhaust System 3
2 1/2" stainless steel pipe, Magnaflow 14216 Mirror Finish muffler, dual resonators, stepped down to 2 1/4" stainless steel pipe, and dual 3" polished rolled stainless steel tips.

i need to know if this is a good setup if im looking for something as quiet as possible. i dont want to be heard by everyone from a mile away. all the help is needed thanks

if there is anyone selling any of these 2 it would be great ......save me alot of money.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Description sounds a lot like what I have on my car, well sort of. Mine doesnt step down to 2.25", but it has 3 magnaflow resonators. It's not annoyingly loud, I dont think the set up you were looking at would be "too" loud either.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pre98:
Description sounds a lot like what I have on my car, well sort of. Mine doesnt step down to 2.25", but it has 3 magnaflow resonators. It's not annoyingly loud, I dont think the set up you were looking at would be "too" loud either.

IIRC the Trubendz kit does have smalled diameter pipes after the split.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by Pre98:

IIRC the Trubendz kit does have smalled diameter pipes after the split.

No

N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
so along with the headers and y pipe from msds, which kit should i get.

COUGAR DUAL TUBING KIT 2.5 INCH (SS) 380.00
ill just have to find a local shop to add the muffler tips, and resonators. to get the quietest sound that im looking for what exactly will i be needing to add to this kit(# of resonators, mufflers etc. (please state brands too.)

2.the kit from cta motor sports thats listed above.

thanks

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Go to CTAmotorsports.com and listen to the clips at the bottom of the page. Pick the one you like best & call it a day.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
ok l last few questions.

i listened to them and the ende up calling them. they said that this setup is actually the quietest

Dual Exhaust System 1 (Contour SVT example system shown)

2 1/2" stainless steel pipe, Magnaflow 14616 Mirror Finish muffler, dual Magnaflow 14416 mufflers,

and dual 4" polished rolled stainless steel tips.

they said that by having three mufflers makes it more quiter than the resonators. I thought the whole purpose of the resonators were to make the exhaust quiet?

does this info sound about right?

Which one is better, wrapping the headers or the jet hot black coating

and is there anywhere else that I can get some headers from because msds said it would take them about 2 months b4 i get them.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
The resonators bottle the sound up until it exits the back; mufflers filter or disperse the sound until it is no longer heard. They can sometimes sound identical, but it depends on the shape and length of the units you're installing.

I had a Borla muffler on the car that is oval and short- my car sounded deeper, but it was too quiet. Too quiet as in I was hoping to be able to hear my new investment even just a little from inside the car.

I swapped off the muffler for a resonator, and it's just a bit louder but it it isn't annoying at highway speeds.

You don't want to spend any amount of money to sound stock, but that is merely my opinion.

N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
thanks for the advice, butto be honest i wasnt really going for the sound i was more gong for the looks and a little more power, but i guess the noise comes with the power huh.

but know im caught up in an even worse dilema. They told me that its gonna take 2 months or more for me 2 get the headers and i cant wait that long cause my precats are basiclly shot. The precats cost almost the same as the headers but i guess they give you less power huh? im know thinking of getting new pre-ctas and then replacing evrything form the y-pipe on back because i need to drive my car and i cant wait any longer. I was thinking of gutting them for the time being but cant be bothered. So i guess the question is how much power will i be losing if i dont do headers and just replace everything else?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard