Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Hey guys, Just wondering what most people did for their nitrous switches, im using a Zex wet kit so its a WOT dealio.

Ill be getting a pre-98 center console soon so i was thinking maybe in the DIN slot, but im just worried if ill be able to flip the arm switch while dragging (dont want to spray in 1st).

Also wondering where you guys wired the power to for the switches. I was thinking maybe the cigarette lighter.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Wire the switch in to a reverse fed relay, powered by a momentary hold button.

Place the button underneath the shifter boot and mount with a bracket in a way to have it pressed in while in first, but released in 2nd or higher. Then, if you are in first, the button is depressed, which will kill power to the relay which feeds your setup.

once you shift out of 1st, in to 2nd or higher, the button is no longer depressed, the relay is energized, and your setup is powered. go WOT in 2nd and it automatically is spraying. no hands off the wheel, or the shifter.. tada.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Ray:
Wire the switch in to a reverse fed relay, powered by a momentary hold button.

Place the button underneath the shifter boot and mount with a bracket in a way to have it pressed in while in first, but released in 2nd or higher. Then, if you are in first, the button is depressed, which will kill power to the relay which feeds your setup.

once you shift out of 1st, in to 2nd or higher, the button is no longer depressed, the relay is energized, and your setup is powered. go WOT in 2nd and it automatically is spraying. no hands off the wheel, or the shifter.. tada.

Would that even work with the short throws of the Steeda? Id think it would be a little tough. Its quite ingenious tho.

much like your weiner.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
but then you cant spray in 1st.........lol

not spraying in first= a lose against anything that isnt FWD, like our platform

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
The answer was tailored to HIS particular situation, platform, and desires. he specifically stated he does not wish to spray in first.

thank you for your opinion, either way, I guess.

T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TRicker:
but then you cant spray in 1st.........lol

not spraying in first= a lose against anything that isnt FWD, like our platform

Spraying in first=blown diff and way to much wheel spin, i already have traction problems at the track let alone with a full 75 shot of nitrous in 1st gear. Ill probably be spinning in 2nd, if thats the case then ill just make it a end of 2nd/3rd/4th gear deal.

much like your weiner.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
i see what you are saying. wheel spin is a problem if i spray from a dead stop but i roll out a couple feet and then hit the button, with minimal spin. i could possibly already have a LSD though, because my car leaves 2 black marks when i burn out and it doesnt wheel hop like everyone else explains. the car has a fair amount of miles on it and the transmission shifts unusually tight... so i am suspecting it's been rebuilt. either way, your plan should be to spray in 1st and make your driveline good enough to handle it, otherwise you are wasting the potential of your nitrous setup, IMHO

ps. i was just playin anyhow, good luck with your setup

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
To revise the possible workings with a steeda, modify the setup to be a magnetic switch. mount the switch on the outer edge of the interior (bottom right, where the bottom of the shifter would be in first) and place a two wire powered coil (they are TINY) on the shifter itself. Whenever you go in to 1st, it will pull the mag.switch open and kill the setup.

That would fit in most any space.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
here's what i did (easy and obvious!)

where the WOT switch normally is wired in the system, i got a button shift knob (B&M gone in 60 seconds style baby!)

and wired it right in there. push button, and there it is. i have a MSD dis-4 ignition that i have a step retard wired in also. as soon as i push the button the ignition retards to my set amount. when i let off the button, the timing stays retarded for 1 second, then goes back to the stock timing curve. its a real sweet setup, as long as you can remember not to hit the button before your at WOT.

T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TRicker:
here's what i did (easy and obvious!)

where the WOT switch normally is wired in the system, i got a button shift knob (B&M gone in 60 seconds style baby!)

and wired it right in there. push button, and there it is. i have a MSD dis-4 ignition that i have a step retard wired in also. as soon as i push the button the ignition retards to my set amount. when i let off the button, the timing stays retarded for 1 second, then goes back to the stock timing curve. its a real sweet setup, as long as you can remember not to hit the button before your at WOT.

The Zex kit is a WOT kit, the button would work tho, but its not what im going for.

What about the other switches (bottle warmer and purge button)

much like your weiner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard