Print Thread
#1606909 07/09/06 06:49 PM
T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Just wondering where most people mounted theres. Im thinking of mounting mine on the right hand side, and running the nitrous line through one of the rubber grommets.

Now i need to know, and i know this is going to sound UBER dumb. But did you guys drill through the trunk metal and use bolts to hold the bottle in place, or is drilling through the wood good enough. IIRC you use drill through the trunk metal and use bolts on the underside of the car, and then it should be good.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Looking at it now, i Drilled into the trunk bay and the place where i was going to mount, is hollow...

Need help please.

much like your weiner.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Werent you getting a cobra...?

And what do you mean hollow. were you trying to sink the screws into the metal (not that thick) like you would a deck screw into wood?

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
what wood are you talking about? the false floor in the trunk is plastic. i drilled through that and bolted it down, and then used threaded rod and wingnuts to put a couple supports in the middle of the false floor to hold it up. after a few months the floor started to warp a little from the weight but if you have wood in there that will hold up just fine.

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Werent you getting a cobra...?

And what do you mean hollow. were you trying to sink the screws into the metal (not that thick) like you would a deck screw into wood?

Didnt think the car was in great shape (looked sketchy) so i decided to wait tell next spring where i wont have to finance and the price will be cheaper.

On the Nitrous situation, i got the bottle installed, i made my own "floor" out of 1/2" think wood and mounted it up, got the nitrous line run through my subframe connecters and above the rear subframe, now i just need to work on the "brain box" install and the purge kit.

much like your weiner.

Link Copied to Clipboard