Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
YES.. check state laws. Texas has a "buyer's remorse" clause on any signed contract, with a corporation, or incorporated business. Private sales must be taken through civil court if there is to be anything changed, but the buyer's remorse clause can be enforced with dealerships.

you MAY be liable for milage penalties, or restocking fees, but you can get out of the car, if your state laws allow, as ours do.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
At the risk of sounding like a jerk, didn't you test-drive this thing at all before you bought it? Seems to me that ten minutes spent messing with the car would have shown you most of these problems.

+100

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Y2KGreenSE:
Lemon laws apply to repairs that cannot fix something after 3 tries.

Used cars should have a sticker that either says " AS-IS " or some kind of warranty, like 30 days, on it.

Used car purchases require due dillegence in inspecting the vehicle, and the old saying 'buyer beware' applies.

And for what's already been said, didn't you test drive it? Sounds to me like you just learned a costly lesson unless the dealer really wants to bend over backward for you. Course if they're willing to do that, the little things would probably have been already fixed for you or anyone who else bought the car.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
There's only one person to blame for your 'bad deal at the dealership....'

Ryan Trollin!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
There's only one person to blame for your 'bad deal at the dealership....'

I second that...as I have fallen victim to this. But i still bought the car even after the fuel pump went out on my test drive...oh well.....you can't blame anybody but yourself. but good luck in whatever you choose to do!!!

*~Bonnie~* 2000 CSVT, Amazon Green, built 2/?/00 135K and counting!!!!
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
CSVT, because like an orphan, someone has to take care of them.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
when my husband and I bought our SVT last April, exactly a week later we have major problems with the clutch. We took it back to the dealer (a large, promiment chevy dealer) and they agreed to pay for the repairs (a new clutch/transmission fluid etc). It was (obviously) a used car, and no warranty, but the dealer paid anyway. It doesn't hurt to at least go back and ask.

Southeast CEG Fall Dragon Run ~October 13, 14 & 15~ 2003 Ford Focus LX 2000 Ford Contour SVT #1049 of 2150 1999 Ford Contour SE Sport ~*RIP 7-19-2004*~ 1990 Ford Tempo All Wheel Drive
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard