Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
so at the moment i just got the engine head back from getting planed out. before putting everything together i figured i mihgt as well check out the waterpump to see if its all good. what is the easist way of going about this i know i need to remove the cranksaft before.

do i need a puller to remove these pullies? no one around here rents them so i'd have to buy them.

i read something in the ford book to use a strapwrench but i really dont think that'll hold.

and should the crankshaft only be turned one way?

thanks

98 contour 2.0
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by volcomsk8a:
so at the moment i just got the engine head back from getting planed out. before putting everything together i figured i mihgt as well check out the waterpump to see if its all good. what is the easist way of going about this i know i need to remove the cranksaft before.

do i need a puller to remove these pullies? no one around here rents them so i'd have to buy them.

i read something in the ford book to use a strapwrench but i really dont think that'll hold.

and should the crankshaft only be turned one way?

thanks

Didn't I answer your questions?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
V
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
i just need to know what type of puller to buy and i head that turning the crank one way is bad

98 contour 2.0
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by volcomsk8a:
i just need to know what type of puller to buy and i head that turning the crank one way is bad

Don't know what puler to buy....but turning the crank isn't bad.....did it many times.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
i never needed a pulley for either pulley.

btw, how many threads are you going to post on the same thing, you must have 5 or 6 covering the same thing, and gettin the same awnsers in the troubleshooting forums.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
V
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
okay sorry about the multiple posts. wont happen again

98 contour 2.0

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard