Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
has anyone dealt with the driveshaft shop. if so please post your experience with them. what stage shafts you go (1, 2, or 3). what setup you have? what hp and torque your making? have they held up and if so how many months. if not how many months. how much you spent on them. i am currently in the process of building a twin turbo contour with around 500 hp and torque. im either going with the 2.5 v6 duratec or the noble m400 3.0 v6 duratec.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Good luck with two (2) turbos

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by archangelnj25:
has anyone dealt with the driveshaft shop. if so please post your experience with them. what stage shafts you go (1, 2, or 3). what setup you have? what hp and torque your making? have they held up and if so how many months. if not how many months. how much you spent on them. i am currently in the process of building a twin turbo contour with around 500 hp and torque. im either going with the 2.5 v6 duratec or the noble m400 3.0 v6 duratec.

Sooo gl with what you plan. 2 turbos = you noob.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
i talked to terry haines. im most likely going with the noble engine and a single turbo. but i need help to put the power down. i need peoples opinions on driveshafts, turbo, etc. so i can get an idea of not just what i like and see in mags but what everyone is actually using and actually working. i did take a double take and it looks like the rear exhaust manifold barely fits back there so how would a turbo fit. downstream by the cat but then all pressure is lost and a bigger single turbo would prevail. thank you everyone with your help. -James C

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Replacing driveshafts is easy enough ... use the stock units until you have a problem, THEN replace them with DSS if you feel the need.

A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
i dont have any drive shafts. the old engine, trans and drive shafts are all gone. new drive shafts are about $250 each from ford. DSS level 1 are $200 each, level 2 are $350 each and level 3 are $650 each. i need somebodys opinion who has dealt with them and which ones i should get. if level 2 are boarderline then i will just go with level 3. thank you everyone for your help. -James C.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
i dont have any drive shafts. the old engine, trans and drive shafts are all gone. new drive shafts are about $250 each from ford. DSS level 1 are $200 each, level 2 are $350 each and level 3 are $650 each. i need somebodys opinion who has dealt with them and which ones i should get. if level 2 are boarderline then i will just go with level 3. thank you everyone for your help. -James C.

$150.40 for BOTH CGK (lifetime warranty) axles - price includes shippin! http://bbb-carb.com/cv-axles/mercury.htm

Last edited by fastcougar; 07/10/06 08:23 PM.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by fastcougar:

$150.40 for BOTH CGK (lifetime warranty) axles - price includes shippin! http://bbb-carb.com/cv-axles/mercury.htm

Have you seen this guy's other posts? I doubt he'll pay much attention to "real" advice.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
ill sell you my DSS stage 5's for $400 shipped.

Cougar is no more, parts for sale. Built escape 3.0 w/ 8.5:1 pistons, PnP heads, ovalport/mazda6 cams, SVT manifolds, the works entire car for sale PM me if you want a part!!!
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
b/c something that im interested and want to do but never dealt with before doesnt mean im not going to pay attention. i thought thats why we have forums like this. for people who share similar ideas and thoughts and help each other out. if people werent sacastic and give real advice then i would take it.

Originally posted by stilov:
Originally posted by fastcougar:

Have you seen this guy's other posts? I doubt he'll pay much attention to "real" advice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard