Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I can't convince myself to buy the SVT kits with exhaust yet, so I'm just wondering is there a bolt on Chrome tip that'll fit the current stock muffler I have on there and make it look good? I guess just as a side guess, what is the diameter of the stock pipe? Is there anyone who has had success bolting or spot welding on a chrome tip just simply for aesthethic reasons?

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
anyone with any idea?

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
go to autozone and see which ones will fit..

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
This might work.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
This might work.

I'm not going to lie to you, they look good. But the price is way too outrageous. $25 GBP? That's $50 at least than the shipping, but it looks really nice. I'm going to message them about the exact sizing and dimensions of that, to see if that will fit on my car first of all, and secondly to be the provider of info to help find a more affordable substitute. THanks for the link though, that really helped quite a bit.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
here's an idea, Save your money and do it right. No sense in wasting money on something you dont plan to keep for a while.

So wait, save up, and then buy the exhaust system that you really like.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
How's this? Canadian Tire,like $10. Just fit right over the stock tip,friction fit,I never even bothered screwing it in. HAd the car for about a year with no problems of it ever loosening. Man,I just saw you're in Toronto. I had a custom SVT style exhaust on my Contour I could have sold you cheap. I left it on my car when I scrapped it! I think the wreckers has already removed it,though my car is still sitting in the yard.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Got a cheap one from Walmart, around $6. Looks good, much better than the stock tip. I did have to drill a hole in it though to drain out the water that was collecting. This one has a bolt on either side that you turned in to hold it on.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by MazTour:
How's this?

it looks like your tip is having a problem with erectial disfuction.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I actually want something similar to that eBay link above. Only reason is I am not going to be putting on the SVT kit on my car, just that tip, and I'm going to detail it with products I already have so I mean it's not bad. And for your information, thank you I mean it's not worth it for me to be the tradional young adult male and invest everything into my ride. I'm going to probably buy another car then but I wanna make this car look good for my younger brother who will get his license soon . Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard