Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1606074 07/08/06 12:08 AM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
All of my gears on my tranny are gone its like freeplay all throught the gearbox.what is this and how doI fix it?I have a spec stage2,flywheel and shifter forks put in maybe 3,000miles ago.some help!

thanxs in advance

99 SVT/silver frost....with "some" mods SVT FLYWHEEL 4 SALE!!! PM me
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Its like a joy stick I can move it all around,if that helps any?I have a b&M short shifter is t poss. that it broke?I have been searching and have found some good info,but need more!thanxs

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
You broke the shift tower bolt ... VERY COMMON! $1 part will cost $1,000 to fix (if you take it to the dealership). I had the same thing happen to my first Cougar under warranty and the warranty repair bill said $1,200. Your best bet, contact Terry Haines.

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I took the boot off my shifter and was looking around at the bottom of the shifter and it felt like it was dangling(sp)by a thread.This all happened with I was slowly and smoothly shifting into third.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
I took the boot off my shifter and was looking around at the bottom of the shifter and it felt like it was dangling(sp)by a thread.This all happened with I was slowly and smoothly shifting into third.

And my diagnosis is the still the same ... you sheared the shift linkage retaining bolt (internal to the transmission). Contact Terry and he can help you try to "fish" out the bolt. If it can't be fished out, the trans must be pulled. DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR!

Last edited by fastcougar; 07/08/06 02:31 AM.
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
You can't be serouis as I just got my tranny done I have no more money left,and no other car.can you give me terry haines # to me,pm me if you have to. thanxs

P.S I was hoping maybe it was just the linkagewhy does this bolt break like this,elaborate a little please.This is now a very depressing time no for me.I need help!arrr.

By the way thanxs fastcougar!I apprecaite the help.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Haines Motor Sports Inc [secondline@ameritech.net]

Also, He can be reached here: http://www.fordcontour.org/index.php?showforum=15

Like I said, this is a VERY common issue ... do a search and you will find tons of info. Here is a great start:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tranny&Number=1028444&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Last edited by fastcougar; 07/08/06 02:57 AM.
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I can't e-mail him I meant like a phone #,where I could talk to him on the phone.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
He runs a business and has business hours, but can be reached at a decent hour on weekends. I'll PM his phone number in a second.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Although I agree that it is very likely the shift tower bolt, I would thoroughly check out the linkage before pulling the trans. See if the linkage has come off at the trans end. See if moving the lever moves the shift tower to make sure that you don't have a broken cable. Most certainly check out the shifter itself. Many have had problems with the ball on the end of the B&M shifter breaking. It is also possible that the cable came loose from the shifter end.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard