Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
My new AER â??Nobleâ? 3L was 2300 ft away from my house yesterday...

I scheduled a Thursday morning delivery from R+L Carriers and took a half-day off to meet them at my home. Unfortunately, the dispatcher did not call the contact number I gave her that morning and all I got was a note from the driver telling me they tried to deliver and now I would have to pay storage and a redelivery fee.

My driveway is 2300 feet long through field and woods and I never knew the truck was there â??? I was just sitting waiting for a call to go meet them at the road with my truck.

Crap. One stupid error on their part complicates the hell out of this now.

I hate to think of that $4,400 engine just sitting on the back of an open truck over the weekend. I hope it's well protected from the weather.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Trust me, it won't be sitting in an open truck. They'll take it back to the local depot and unload it there for the weekend. If you've got a truck or trailer, you can most likely call them and go pick it up if you've got a depot close by. I usually arrange to do this for any big shipments I've got coming in anyways because you can avoid home delivery charges and if I have it delivered to my work, the foreman gets PO'd when I tie up our forklift driver unloading personal stuff. I'd try that route if you want it for the weekend. Also, if they didn't call the number, then you aren't liable for any of the "extra" charges.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Also, if they didn't call the number, then you aren't liable for any of the "extra" charges.

Rick

No ish. I wouldn't lie down for their mistake.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Also, if they didn't call the number, then you aren't liable for any of the "extra" charges.

Rick

No ish. I wouldn't lie down for their mistake.

Their depot is about 70 to 80 miles away and I already paid for delivery to my home. I'm not paying the extra charges and they did admit their mistake. Just stating what the "note" said. Its a preprinted form.

The road I live off is two lanes of tight twisty blacktop through dairy farms and forest - Contour commuting heaven!

I am sure the driver did not appreciate bringing a big tractor trailer 10 miles through that for no reason!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Originally posted by todras:
I am sure the driver did not appreciate bringing a big tractor trailer 10 miles through that for no reason!

His own damn falt for not being able to read or understanding instructions.

Whats the HP on that engine?

J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by RodneyBur:
Whats the HP on that engine?

When coupled with an ADC T3/T4 turbo kit (I bought their "last" kit) in excess of 400 HP at the wheels. Keith at ADC sent me an "aggressive 430 HP tune" - though I will generally run the "conservative 350 HP tune."

My plan is to ship the car to Arizona, after itâ??s assembled, for final tuning at ADCâ??s facility.

I went with an AER engine mainly for the quality and the durability when running at those power levels. The engine is setup for turbocharging use in the Noble cars from the start.

Many reputable people here believe an AER engine is overkill on the Contour... and it probably is.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Hey, its a good deal and a nice motor! We can all respect your position, besides its only time and money. How much is your peace of mind worth I guess.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Where can I find some info on these AER engines? I googled it with minimal luck.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by djdanyloz:
Where can I find some info on these AER engines? I googled it with minimal luck.

here

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by warmonger:
Hey, its a good deal and a nice motor! We can all respect your position, besides its only time and money. How much is your peace of mind worth I guess.

like i always say.... "it's only money, and I'll always make more."

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard