Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
So im using paypal for the first time, and im a little confused by the system... I am buying something off e-bay, and I really dont want to deal with how long it takes to send a money order and what not... So I decided to give paypal a whirl... I added my debit card to the account, and I just want to pay with that... Do I have to "add" money to the account from my checking or can I just send payment using my debit card (as the buy it now on e-bay allows)

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Just send.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
You can add money directly to your PayPal account from your bank account, but obviously when paying for an item online it's easier to just send it directly, which PayPal allows you to do. All you need to do is go through the eBay checkout system, select PayPal, log in, and it will allow you to choose your funding source. Click pay now, and you're done.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Rishodi:
You can add money directly to your PayPal account from your bank account, but obviously when paying for an item online it's easier to just send it directly, which PayPal allows you to do. All you need to do is go through the eBay checkout system, select PayPal, log in, and it will allow you to choose your funding source. Click pay now, and you're done.

ok, I just did it and it said to use my checking acount as a primary, and as an alternate my debit card... and it said I sent the amount of cash... But that didnt show up on my web banking... Usualy that just shows right up.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
It'll take a day or so to clear your account. Did you send an e-check or instant transfer? E-checks take longer to clear, instant transfers normally fly outta my account the next business day...

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
I noticed at first I couldnt do Instant transfer, I had to do Echeck, but after a few transactions it allowed for instant. But the card is usually faster.

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by NO 4 EVR:
I noticed at first I couldnt do Instant transfer, I had to do Echeck, but after a few transactions it allowed for instant. But the card is usually faster.

pretty sure it was an instant transfer, ive had the account sitting idle for about 3 months now, I made one because I knew I would need it one day. Either way, it seems like it worked, now im just waiting to have it clear from my account bye bye money

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
If you link to your checking account it'll act as check an will need to have "clearing period" hold on it.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i have mine linked to my checking and it takes one business day

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
OK, so I got an e-mail from paypal saying my package is going to be shipped via ups. So it looks like my payment cleared, but my checking acount still has the same amount in it... Hopefully something clears sometime soon...

Link Copied to Clipboard