Next Thread
Print Thread
#1604669 07/06/06 07:22 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
hi i was wondering my sister took her car to the tire shop werer she bought her tires and they are saying that they cant rotate here tires because of the way the tires are wearing out. all i care is getting them balanced i could rotate it myself but since they are getting balanced minus well rotate them. the tires have like between 50 and 40 percent left. my question is why cant they rotate them? anyways i might be missing something here. anyways thanks.

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
#1604670 07/06/06 01:04 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
... they are saying that they cant rotate here tires because of the way the tires are wearing out.

This is new... If there is a rational explanation, I'd like to hear it.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#1604671 07/06/06 02:45 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
This post needs more sentence structure and punctuation.

I had a tire place tell me once that they would only rotate front-to-back, but not side-to-side. Their rationalization? When a tire is spinning on direction it builds up tension, basically gets "wound tighter" in one direction. If you move it to the other side it is now spinning in the opposite direction (we're talking about blackwalls on one side, whites on the other, so the tire would have to be turned around) and basically begins to "unwind." They said this leads to tire failure and throwing the tread.

Personally, I think this was a load of bullsh!t. Anyone else have a better explanation than that? I'm curious to see what people have been told.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1604672 07/06/06 04:59 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
well i know it aint a tour it's a neon could it be the tire size i picked for the car? i went from a stock size 185 65 14 to a 215 60 14 on a stock steelie rims. the inside is wearing out more then the outside i know it needs an allignment but cant firgure out why they wont rotate it. anyways i have no problem doin it myself. i do everything i can do on a car but what i cant do i take it to a shop. well ya i do need to work on my punctuation sorry im not the greatest typer well thanks.

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard