Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
My knuckles hurt from the alternator replacement, and I'm tired of the oil squirting all over my y pipe and dripping down onto my pretty coated headers.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
yeah....$30 later for the craftsman torx bits helped...still not fun though. I don't want to try the alternator now.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
i decided not to tackle replacing the alternator myself. I do not know how the mechanic actually got it off.

the oil filter location isn't that bad...i'm sure everyone knows to cover the y-pipe for easy clean up. My cousin's GTP is in a stupid spot as well. Taking it off spills oil all over the driveshaft, as well as onto the frame - which has a low spot in it so it pools up.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
That's what happens when you have teams of engineers working independently on different parts of the drivetrain. They don't talk! Blame it on Terry Haines. He takes credit for inventing the damn Contour!

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard