Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Pugulis Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
I think we need to find the person or persons who designed were the bolts for the alternator are located. We should find him bury him up to his head and then all take turns kicking him. Then get him all cleaned up, let him have a good night sleep, and do it again the next day. I think we could make a whole weekend out of this! And what the hell is the deal with that last bracket mounted to the back of the alt. I've been working on cars for years and have never seen this. I think they put it there just because you can't see it. So that after you FINALLY get the bolts out you get pushed over that finall edge when the alt doesn't just drop out.

I did'nt realize that Ford had 10 year old girls working for them. There the only ones who could get their hands behind the alternator.

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Dude, there are far more stupid package decisions on the contour than the alternator bolts.

Oil Filter location relative to the exhaust manifold strikes me as one of the worst.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Stupid torque bits on the calipers......

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by elraido:

I find them to be extremely easy to remove

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by pre98zetec:
Originally posted by elraido:

I find them to be extremely easy to remove

thats probably because you have a zetec.

I agree that the alternator bolts on the duratec are kinda a pain, but i dont think they are that bad. The hard part is just finding what tools you need. After that, its cake.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
The biggest pita with torques is that generally most people do not have them! lol I had no problem spending 3 dollars to buy the torque bit to do my brakes.

And yeah the oil filter and the alternator are other marvels of the contour...

I like that turbo kit in the group buy forum right now. I want to get the bracket just to relocate the alternator. lol

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
It's Torx, not torque.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
It's Torx, not torque.

THANK YOU! That was driving me nuts, but I didn't want to seem nit-picky.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
It's Torx, not torque.

THANK YOU! That was driving me nuts, but I didn't want to seem nit-picky.

Nit-pickers unite! We should all get together and have our own festival at Carlisle.

Having the right tools makes all the difference, but I often wonder why some decisions are made. Why is it Torx on the rear, but Allen on the front, for instance? Still, overall the brakes are easy to service on this car. I bought a Torx socket set because of the brakes, and now I use it all the time.

Hate the oil filter location.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
how about the SOBS that bent my EGR valve back so it wouldnt go back into position after i removed my UIM

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard