Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I'm looking for a set of headlights that maybe were replaced and are just sitting around taking up space. I'm going to try and make a set of "projector ready" lense covers. The cover would replace the current clear lenses and would allow for a direct replacement. I need the headlights to make a mold. I think this would be a lot cheaper then what the Morette's will be and I can probably get it done a lot quicker. Of course if someone donates a pair they would get a free set of projector ready lenses when everything is finalized. However I am willing to pay for a set if need be, but I'm not looking to spend much, which is why I don't care what they look like. Just as long as the lenses are in one piece and the housings are not completely trashed.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I'll dig up the pair I have. Previous owner gave them too me when he gave up on a project. I'm pretty sure everything's intact, the covers have just been baked apart

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i hope you make good progress.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Berkel:
I'll dig up the pair I have. Previous owner gave them too me when he gave up on a project. I'm pretty sure everything's intact, the covers have just been baked apart

Sweet so the lenses have already been baked off? That would definitely save me some time. I hope the tabs are still in good shape. The idea would be to have the new lenses snap into place with the previous tab slots.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
i hope you make good progress.

Me too. I think the real factor is what size projectors to use. I'm thinking I'm going to go with the 90mm Hella projectors. As they have proven to work well with past retrofits. I also want to have projectors for the running lights as well. I was thining similar to that of the Mazda 3 and 6. I also want these to go on with minimal work to peoples present headlights. As in the only thing that will need to happen is the removal of the front lense, chrome housing and bulbs. I'm thinking a hole cutter will also have to be used regardless so that the housing of the projectors will poke through the back of the existing headlight housing.

Anyhow all of these details will come out as I progress with the project. I'll post pictures as things move along.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Alright I have pictures. These headlights are worse than I thought, don't know if they'll be of any use to you

One headlight is untouched and in good condition except the tab at the very end of it looks cracked. The other one had been poorly baked apart and has two cracks.

Cracks/chips circled in white.

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
If you plan on doing this how I think you're going to... then the ONLY option for projector is a hella 90mm. no other projectors are sealed for 'outside' use.

Im assuming you're going to cut a whole in the plastic lense and have them protruding out, then mold everything.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Berkel:
Alright I have pictures. These headlights are worse than I thought, don't know if they'll be of any use to you

Yes those will work fine. I'll shoot you a PM with details.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
then the ONLY option for projector is a hella 90mm. no other projectors are sealed for 'outside' use.

Yes. That is what I was thinking. I thought I read that somewhere in a previous projector post. Thanks for clearing that up though as now I know for sure.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
is this a mod that the average joe can do on his own? Or are we lacking the industrial materials to attempt this stunt?

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by m4gician:
is this a mod that the average joe can do on his own? Or are we lacking the industrial materials to attempt this stunt?

I guess I don't know what your getting at. I'm going to try and create a custom headlight lense that will allow a bolt on of projector headlights which will replace the current lense of your stock headlights. The average joe should be able to install them (hopefully) when I've completed some prototypes. Like I said I will keep everyone well informed of my progress.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard