#1604393 07/06/06 03:49 AM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by TGO:
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

And unfortunately getting far inferior results.

Polishing by hand is good for paint in very good or better condition. Moderately swirled or worse and a PC/orbital is the only way to go.

yadda yadda, it works fine for me. how do you know what condition my paint is in or how inferior my results are anyway?

Did I say anywhere that hand polishing is wrong or bad?
Did I say anything about the condition of your paint?

Apparently you decided to read the first line, take offense and skip the rest. Re-read what I said.

I know detailers who have been detailing for many years who can't hand polish what a machine polish can do to remove moderate+ swirls. They can do a really good job, but it takes 10x longer and not as good.

AFAIK no one on CEG has ever posted real polishing before and afters or hand vs machine - just shine pics / pics at a distance. I'm posting my results which are quite obvious. Until you can show you can do the same by hand...

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
#1604394 07/06/06 12:38 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Stupid to not use a wheel if you regularly wax your car. Saves so much time and energy and you obtain better results.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1604395 07/06/06 04:19 PM
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T

Apparently you decided to read the first line, take offense and skip the rest. Re-read what I said.

I know detailers who have been detailing for many years who can't hand polish what a machine polish can do to remove moderate+ swirls. They can do a really good job, but it takes 10x longer and not as good.

AFAIK no one on CEG has ever posted real polishing before and afters or hand vs machine - just shine pics / pics at a distance. I'm posting my results which are quite obvious. Until you can show you can do the same by hand...

No I read the whole thing. And i didn't take offense, i simply asked you a question based on the post you made.

You say i'm getting "far inferior results" then you go on to say hand waxing is ok for paint in "good or better condition"

Maybe you should reread what you posted, since you took it upon yourself to assume something you do not know in the first place (the condition of my paint).

You wan't to see what i do by hand, look at the july 2005 calendar.

I have no problem with you posting your comparison pics, and you shouldn't have had a problem with me simply stating that i do it the old fashioned way. You took it to the next level, with your inferior results coment (READ: You don't agree with me so you're wrong), Maybe you got great results on your car that didn't appear to have a paint job in excellent condition, but i don't like to use a buffer and i don't need to because i've been as meticulous as possible with the paint since the day i got the car.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#1604396 07/06/06 04:34 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i still do it by hand. call me old fashioned.

Blanket statement stating you polish all cars by hand.

If you are only hand polishing new/fresh/good-better paint then I stand corrected.

If you are hand polishing paint less than good+ by hand, then you are geting inferior results.

You say i'm getting "far inferior results" then you go on to say hand waxing is ok for paint in "good or better condition"

See above.

i don't need to because i've been as meticulous as possible with the paint since the day i got the car.

You should have said this to begin. Kudos to you for taking the appropriate steps to maintain your paitn from day one.

You wan't to see what i do by hand, look at the july 2005 calendar.

Yes, it's shiney, but not impressed in the least. I've personally seen CEGers cars that look amazingly shiney in pictures, but in person are swirled beyond belief. Show me some closeup pics under fluorescent lights to show lack of swirls and I'll be impressed.

I have no problem with you posting your comparison pics, and you shouldn't have had a problem with me simply stating that i do it the old fashioned way.

I don't have a "problem" with how you do it. I dislike people who make blanket statements. Because you have properly maintained your paint from day one, your paint is virtually swirl free and hand polishing works fine for you. This does not apply for 90+% of CEG.

#1604397 07/06/06 04:38 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Looking for swirls:

Before:

After:

#1604398 07/06/06 04:50 PM
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
well if i ever get a chance to have the car under flourescent lights, i'll take a picture for you.

i still don't understand how you didn't make a blanket statement yourself by telling me what kind of results i get. but whatever.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#1604399 07/06/06 04:57 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
If you are only hand polishing new/fresh/good-better paint then I stand corrected.

If you are hand polishing paint less than good+ by hand, then you are geting inferior results.

I'm done.

#1604400 07/06/06 05:03 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

I'm done.

+1

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
#1604401 07/06/06 05:14 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1604402 07/06/06 05:33 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Wow thats a huge difference! I haven't attempted a wheel yet. I guess I am too afraid to do it incorrectly and burn the paint or cause more damage. i should find someone experienced to learn me!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard