Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Got my first CEL warning tonight. Happened about 8:15 on the way to watch fireworks. I'll be swinging by Autozone tomorrow to get the code pulled. :sigh: I guess that's what I get for bragging a month or so ago that I'd never had one. At least I know the bulb just hadn't been burned out this whole time.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
8 years with no CEL is pretty damn good!

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
8 years with no CEL is pretty damn good!

i would have to agree on that!

koni kit - hpp rstb camber/plates - cf (yikes!) polyroll resistors - TCA's WR headers/ypipe -TB hiflow cat SFC's - XCal2 -dreaming of 3L-
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
OK...just got back from Autozone. It's a P0133 - bank 1 upstream O2 sensor. Time to search!

**EDIT** I found this in the How-To section

Originally posted by HowTo:Maintenance:
The MAF should be clean inside. If not, you have a leak that is letting air in that isn't being filtered. The wires may or may not look slightly off color. They can become oxidized over time, which can affect readings. Excess oil from a K&N or other open element filter that has been over-oiled can foul the wires, as well.

I cleaned and oiled my filter about 1�½ weeks ago. I'd bet dollars to donuts this is what's causing my problem. I figured the CEL had to be my fault, as this car has run flawlessly for me since new. Time to clean the MAF and fix my baby!

Last edited by IRingTwyce; 07/05/06 02:17 PM.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
o2 sensor should be around $100 bucks or so for the fix. Man, 8yrs and your first CEL. I got my first CEL at 6yrs.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Welcome to the dark side!

If you haven't swapped out the O2 sensors yet, might be time to go ahead & take care of it under regular maintenance.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Welcome to the dark side!

If you haven't swapped out the O2 sensors yet, might be time to go ahead & take care of it under regular maintenance.

At only 54,444 miles I'm pretty sure the O2 sensors aren't bad. I'll start w/ cleaning the MAF, and if the code trips agian then I'll move on to the O2. I'm po, so I gots to try da cheap fixes first!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by jtour:
o2 sensor should be around $100 bucks or so for the fix. Man, 8yrs and your first CEL. I got my first CEL at 6yrs.

Heh, I've HAD my CEL on for 6 years!

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Originally posted by jtour:

Heh, I've HAD my CEL on for 6 years!

It's been ON for 6 years?!?!? Good lord, that would drive me bonkers! I started getting itchy after it was on for 6 minutes.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
mine was on for 4 years before i bought it, went off for about a week while i owned it, and has since been on for 2 years

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard