Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
H
they tend to come with all the wiring harnesses and there seems to be plenty of online resources that have the vehicle wiring for ignition, doors, etc. first thing to do obviously is disconnect battery. after that does it matter what order u install stuff? main module then all the accessories? what about uninstalling a system? disconnect battery and just run down all the alarm/rs wiring and undo it?

anyone do their own alarms?

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i just installed a Ford add on alarm for cars with keyless entry. It was for a 98 but between the wiring chart provided and a 95 shop manual it wasn't had to install. The instrucation called out each connection and where you should make it, wasn't that bad really, took my time and did it over a few weekends, wasn't driving the car at that point this year so I was able to leave it torn apart

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BrApple:
i just installed a Ford add on alarm for cars with keyless entry. It was for a 98 but between the wiring chart provided and a 95 shop manual it wasn't had to install. The instrucation called out each connection and where you should make it, wasn't that bad really, took my time and did it over a few weekends, wasn't driving the car at that point this year so I was able to leave it torn apart

Brian, how much did that run you? I want to get an alarm but nothing crazy. Just something basic and fairly easy to install. I didn't realize Ford had add-ons like that.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by SVT4STD:
Originally posted by BrApple:

Brian, how much did that run you? I want to get an alarm but nothing crazy. Just something basic and fairly easy to install. I didn't realize Ford had add-ons like that.

THe one I got was a Ford System 3/4 alarm that has inputs to arm/disarm with the factory keyless entry and can be armed with the door lock switch, has a shock sensor and a siren, inputs for the interior lights and the led indicator/valet switch and the override switch. It is also compatable with a hood pin switch, which is seperate and I need to find one.

I got it off ebay for about $80 from bonestarenterprises. they often have alot of OEM Ford accessories, like I got an OEM bra from them for my contour, would just have to watch ebay, I saw one a year or so ago and that again this last fall

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard