Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
I'm looking for an SVT ECU with calibration code SFG2. I've check car-part and ebay daily but can't seem to find one. Anyone know another good place to look? I've already asted money on the wrong ECU once and need to make sure I get the right one this time.

Thanks for the help.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
SFG2 is the ECU code, but there are engineering codes that are more important. I will see if I can dig up the engineering code for a SFG2 computer. If you get that, even if it is not a SFG2 computer I can be flashed to one. Typically these are also the numbers Car-Part.com lists the ECU's as.

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Cool. I need the PCM Part number for it. If you have any other PCM Part # and info maybe you can help me finish my post as seen here: NECO Post

I was going to cross post on CEG once it was finished but haven't had the time to find all the other codes I'm missing. Its a LONG post but some good info in my opinion. I got some of the info from post on here, on NECO, on car-part, and other places on the net.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
IIRC I have an RJL1 ECU, but it may be an SGF2

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RodneyBur:
Cool. I need the PCM Part number for it. If you have any other PCM Part # and info maybe you can help me finish my post as seen here: NECO Post

I was going to cross post on CEG once it was finished but haven't had the time to find all the other codes I'm missing. Its a LONG post but some good info in my opinion. I got some of the info from post on here, on NECO, on car-part, and other places on the net.

I believe that SFG2 should belong to/work with any PCM with the number XS2F-12A650-UC on it. This was from a while back so I can't guarantee it but it should help narrow your search on car-part.com

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
thanks. I'll be calling all yards tomorrow.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Just out of curiosity, why are you buying a new ECU? I see you got the car running in your other thread. I would just get the car tuned, and forget about buying a stock SVT ECU. The SVT tune isn't all that great to begin with, and there's nothing you can't do to your ECU, that you can with the SVT's.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
The SVT ECU will help me in several ways:
reduce the time to get the tune right
is set up with SVT cam info already
allow me to break the engine in without running so rich
allow me to have a chip set with SVT ECU for saling purposes
allow me and you to physically see the difference in using an SVT ECU and stock ECU via camcorder
I just think starting with a more agressive ECU will make things a little easier, but more importantly make the car a little more driveable while breaking in the new bearings.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
For me, I took the stock values for Spark from the SVT program. That was the biggest thing.

TP for WOT was also an issue with the standard duratec ECU. If you are using an SVT TPS you should look at that in the tune if you can, or mention it to your tuner.

I'm sure there is more that I can think of, but if you have any more questions about this I will be happy to answer as I have done a lot of the trouble shooting in this area already.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
thanks for the info. I really don't know about all that stuff and have no idea how to get that info or what to do with it once I have it. I found a used SFG2 ECU in the JY and went ahead and ordered it. It may cost a little extra before the tune but will be a better start than my stock Cougar ECU. It should be in the car sometime next week.

I will also be able to show the difference in the way the car runs with a stock ECU vs SVT ECU using REAL 24# injectors.

Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard