Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Well I installed the #74 no base red LED's into the 5 locations on my SVT cluster to try to brighten the needles(using the stock SVT needles). After installing them I thought it would have looked a lot better but I am kind of disappointed. Not much brighter if at all brighter than stock. I was thinking about buying the glow needle kit from import intelligence but the price was a little crazy. I tried to get the pics to look as realistic to how they actually look in person and I think I captured it. The first pics I took came out w/ the needles looking extremely bright, nowhere near how it looks in person (still getting used to this new cam). It seems that w/ digicam's if not on the correct setting it will make the needles look WAY brighter then they really are. I guess I did not buy the I.I. needle kit b/c it's hard to tell how accurate the lighting is in those pics. Anyone else expecting a little more from the LED's as well or am I forgetting something?

The specs on the LED's I used are:

12v, 18~22 (current draw), 5600mcd, 626peak wavelength, 55deg viewing angle

I was messing around w/ the inverter in this pic so thats why the tach is brighter

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
im still waiting on my LEDS to arrive, so we'll see. I don't have SVT gauges but I have the normal ones on Green, I think they'll look a litlte better but I have no way of knowing until at least wednesday to see if they are what they should be.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
even those pics actually look a little brighter than how they look in person I mean it was not an expensive mod at all but I was really hoping for results like this:

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
But remember the I.I needle kits have the leds inside the actual needle and you also have to wire it.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard