Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
think horses, not zebras. after a horrible struggle with my alternator last november, I thought I was about to go through it again when my batt. light starting coming on/going off in recent days. I parked the car for a day or two, then decided to poke under the hood, and eventually checked the belt. looks like my tensioner has gone south, I could take the belt off by hand right now. got one on order at Salvo Auto Parts for $25, gonna DIY myself after searching on CEG for the bolt size and such, once again CEG made it easy.

even on our fickle cars, it pays to check the obvious things first before jumping to conclusions about the complex problems...just thought I'd share

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by platinum_drew:

even on our fickle cars, it pays to check the obvious things first before jumping to conclusions about the complex problems...just thought I'd share

As Tony2005 would say.."Always do the cheap and easy ones first."

Glad you decided to DIY. Changing the belt and tensioner isn't hard job to do.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by LUCA:

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by LUCA:

man, I'm doin my best, but there's about a total of 1.5 inches to work with in there! I ordered the shortest torx bit I could find, and I've done everything I can think of. all I seem to be doing is stripping the bolt...anyone know what kind of labor this job is rated at as far as # of hours? I'm gonna try a little more but I don't want to completely strip the bolt trying...

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
if you have just the bit, put a box wrench around the hex part, put the bit into the bolt head.
then take a long prybar and pry on the end of the bit forcing it into the bolt, hold pressure on it while loosening the bolt.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?

Link Copied to Clipboard