Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:

However, you really owe it to yourself to check out the new MX-5. It transcends the previous car, as good as it was.

Thanks for the input. I'm thinkin' the Miata might be more of what I'm lookin' for. But, I will certainly test drive a new MX-5, too. I'm still getting used to the new styling, but I like it.
BTW, the quote on Mazda's website from Edmunds.com is (their Solstice vs. Miata comparo) pretty funny.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by XKontour98:
How about a RX-8 or a C5 vette?

I simply do not like the RX-8. I think they're really ugly.
The C5 is a hellova lot of bang for the buck, but I've mentioned that before to my fiance and she said flat out "I wouldn't drive that thing." She thinks they're big & clunky, and doesn't like the look. I'm ok with that, though. I want something that we'll both enjoy driving, and there's no doubt I'll have fun driving a Miata or something of the like.

I appreciate all the input, and please keep up the suggestions. I know there are cars out there that I haven't thought about (like the Caterham) that would be a hoot to drive!

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Derk-xB:
TJ - I'm far from an expert.

Originally posted by Swazo:
What about the Z4 w/ 3L?

Don't like the Z4's front end. I love the back end of the Z4 and wish the front would match it a little better.
The Z3 and M roadster crossed my mind, but I don't like the fact that JD Power (according to a link on Edmunds) gives the BMWs a 2/5 on interior quality. That's a bummer on such an expensive car.

Maybe if I wait a year, the 2002 BMW M3 will be in my price range...

Yes, the Z4 booty looks amazing! The front isn't bad IMO, but it sure isn't as nice as the side profile and rearend
I've TD'd a 3L just for ish and giggles, and I was pretty impressed. Too bad I need a back seat

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Derk-xB:

The C5 is a hellova lot of bang for the buck, but I've mentioned that before to my fiance and she said flat out "I wouldn't drive that thing." She thinks they're big & clunky, and doesn't like the look.

you seriously need to re-think this whole marriage idea. any woman that says something like that about the corvette can not be trusted!

i would LOVE to have a corvette, but like swazo, i need a backseat love those Z4s too! i cant even imagine what the M version will be like. and if they carry over the new TT from the 3 series.....

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
The Z4 is just horribly NASTY! Front, rear, side, that car has NO good angles (and all together too many clashing bad ones all over the place).

I actually saw a Z4-based M-coupe today. It actually wasn't as hideous as either the original M-coupe or the Z4 roadster, though still far from any sort of attractiveness.

Keep that fiance! She's got the Corvette set dead to rights.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
definitely the MazdaSpeed, but I'm a little biased...

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Viss1:

S2000 = more capable in higher-speed situations and track usage

I'm not sure thats completely true. However, I am biased. I've had two miatas since my SVT, the most recent being the MSM and I have to say with short money, the MSM can be very competitive at all levels with the S2000. The MSM is an amazing platform and takes mods very well. For track days take off the heavier stock wheels and throw on some light weight 15" wheels and go have some fun. A friend of mine bought a 2005 S2000 and he test drove the MSM as well, he opted for the S2000 because he was partial to the look of it.

I've got a $40 AEM intake and $300 Flyin Miata downpipe and I had no problem keeping up with a stock '04 Mustang GT convertible in a straight line. I haven't had a chance to go up against my friends S2000 but I think it would be a lot of fun. Not bad considering I only paid $20,000.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
#1603171 07/04/06 03:16 PM
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
LOL...I think I'm keepin' the fiance around, despite her comments toward the C5.

She's pretty excited to get a fun car. I want to make sure it's a car for both of us to have fun with, even if I'm driving it more, tinkering with it, etc.

#1603172 07/04/06 04:34 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Well if she doesn't like the C5 vert, what about a late-model C4 vert? That should be about in your price range, offer an absolute plethora of aftermarket parts, and not be "too big or clunky" for you fiance'. It sounds to me like she is stuck on the girly roadster type of car, so I guess that might not be an option then. I'd seriously look at the Sky and new Miata. Keep in mind, the MX-5 is better out of the box, but you can put any LS-based small block Chevy in the Sky. LS6 in Solstice

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
#1603173 07/04/06 05:00 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I have to admit that I really do love the new Sky, I like it appearance wise over the MX5. Doesn't have much of a trunk, but if its a toy, who cares! I haven't driven either but based on looks alone I like the Sky.

I would definitely wait for the redline though

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard