Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Derk-xB:
Enough power that I wouldn't want to tinker (and I've also looked at aftermarket stuff...it looks like Honda has extracted every ounce of power out already).

A naturally aspirated four banger with 240 HP? Yeah, I'm thinkin' the same thing...

I'm going to go against the grain and recommend the S2000, but I haven't driven either car. You have, so you're the expert here...

--T.J.

2000 SVT Contour, Black, stock, no tickets yet... www.seismicradio.com
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
TJ - I'm far from an expert.

Originally posted by Swazo:
What about the Z4 w/ 3L?

Don't like the Z4's front end. I love the back end of the Z4 and wish the front would match it a little better.
The Z3 and M roadster crossed my mind, but I don't like the fact that JD Power (according to a link on Edmunds) gives the BMWs a 2/5 on interior quality. That's a bummer on such an expensive car.

Maybe if I wait a year, the 2002 BMW M3 will be in my price range...

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Miata = more fun in everyday driving/slower-speed shenanigans
S2000 = more capable in higher-speed situations and track usage

I love both, and that's pretty much what it boils down to for me.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

Maybe if I wait a year, the 2002 BMW M3 will be in my price range...

If a 2006 S2000 is in your price range, then a 2002 M3 is too.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
06/07 Redline Sky is going to be nuts, 260hp 260 trq. Cars gonna fly.

I picked Mazda cause its rare, its decently quick, handles really nicly, Turbo , Plus if you like Solo II then its definatly a car your going to want.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Tourige:
I picked Mazda cause its rare, its decently quick, handles really nicly, Turbo , Plus if you like Solo II then its definatly a car your going to want.

The MSM has not proven that it can be competitive at the national level yet. The S2K is a competitive AS car while the MSM is still an also ran CS car and falling even further back now competing against the Solstice.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I'd look long and hard for an older Caterham.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I think the use of the car is going to direct you.

The S2000 is a better track car. If you're idea of fun is going to the track every weekend, this is the car for you. However, it's not all that great of a convertible, it's very highly strung to drive, and the interior is uncomfortable and looks like it came from a $14,000 Civic (if that).

I would pick a new MX-5 over the previous-gen MSM. It's just so much better in every way (including fixing the accomodations issue). A total joy to drive, it is also an exceptional convertible design with good lockable storage, a decent size trunk for this class, and a top that is a work of art. Yet, it can dance at the track meet too. The Miatas also have enjoyed exceptional reliability, even better than the S2000 in several surveys.

The Solstice/SKY is your typical GM screw-up of a car. They may have gotten the powertrain down, but the convertible aspect is about the worst I have seen in a modern car. It is impossible to take this car for a top-down weekend cruise because you have no trunk when the roof is lowered. The interior is cheap, flimsy, and easily broken (as I have seen on multiple samples), and lockable storage is at a premium. Either the MX-5 or the S2000 is a far better choice. Even a used MR2 is better, as terrible of a convertible as that is.

Between the two you selected, I would pick the Mazdaspeed Miata, as it is a better all-around convertible toy than the S2000, which I pick if you're looking for primarily a track car.

However, you really owe it to yourself to check out the new MX-5. It transcends the previous car, as good as it was.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by sigma:
If a 2006 S2000 is in your price range, then a 2002 M3 is too.

Honda Cons: Lots of $$$. I'd have to buy one used...

I may take the car to an autocross or two, but I wont be seriously racing or competing. Hence, I don't think the Caterham is what I'm really looking for (though it's a bad arse machine!).

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
How about a RX-8 or a C5 vette?

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard