Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1603086 07/03/06 07:23 PM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I knew the day had to come and I for one am glad he went out on his own terms as he should've! I got turned onto hockey around 1993, but always knew about Steve Yzerman all through late grade school and H.S. I'm sure I missed alot but I tried like hell to make up for it over the past 10+ years, thats for sure. How lucky are we here in Detroit:

-Steve Yzerman 1983-2006 Red Wings, entire career with one team!

-Isiah Thomas 1981-1994 Pistons, entire career with one team!

-Joe Dumars 1985-present Pistons, entire career with one team!

-Barry Sanders 1989-1999 Lions, entire career with one team!

-Al Kaline 1953-1974 Tigers, entire career with one team!

-Alan Tramell and Lou Whitaker, 1977-till the mid 90's, together with one team!

Not only with this NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, but all were classy players who represented Detroit very well and busted their ass' when they played!!!

Not that Steve Yzerman will ever see this, but I'd like to thank him for the 3 Stanley Cups that he helped bring us, nothing like a sports championship to bring the city together as one

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
werd.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I was 2 when Yzerman joined the wings. I'm almost 25 now, I can't remember the red wings with out him. He may not have the records of Gordie Howe but in my mind Yzerman was the greater red wing...without a doubt THE greatest Red Wing.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
He was a remarkable player. I for one and many others new he was great even as a kid when he hit that ice.

Too bad he retired. He struggled with the idea to retire for many years. Its devastating to leave an art that your so passionate about.

Good luck to him and his furniture collection at art van.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Yzerman is the man-- no questions asked-- i can't wait to see what position he fills with the team now -- possible head coach status later in life? i hope so

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
Yzerman is the man-- no questions asked-- i can't wait to see what position he fills with the team now -- possible head coach status later in life? i hope so

My thoughts exactly.

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVTotalled:

My thoughts exactly.

Let me bring some names to mind:

-Alan Trammell

-Isiah Thomas

Coaches are hired to be fired, do you really wanna see that

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVTotalled:

My thoughts exactly.

Let me bring some names to mind:

-Alan Trammell

-Isiah Thomas

Coaches are hired to be fired, do you really wanna see that

I agree, but I don't think that Trammell nor Isiah were near the leaders that Yzerman was. He was one of the most respected players in the NHL and probably one of the best captains ever for any sport. Might as well give him a shot at coaching and see how he does.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Isiah was a leader, especially when you consider how he dominated at his position and his height He was a tough son of [censored] and the way he stiffed MJ after the 91' Eastern Conference Finals was a thing of beauty

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
if he doesn't get the head coach-- he will have a huge part in the team no matter what-- i'd love to think that mr. mike would give him a large part at least. too bad he couldn't have taken ownership of the team like mario lemieux (however he took the team because they couldn't pay him his dues haha)

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard