Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by jtour:
Looks good.

My favorite pontiac is the GTO but the car looks sharpe.

Personally I look at the GTO and I get angry... I think Pontiac did the wrong marketing technique with it... Vauxhall made the car originally, since technically Vauxhall is Euro GM, but they made this sweet muscle car called the Monaro VXR with an early Vette engine for an extremely affordable price; GM liked the idea and brought it to America... The BIGGEST problem I saw with marketing this car was calling it the "GTO" because it was NOT in any way shape or form a GTO, nothing about it resembled the original. The reason why the charger, the new mustang, the new challenger, the new camaro, the reason why they are all so hyped about is because they ACTUALLY look like really retro versions of the older models made back in the day. People generally like old things with a cool new twist. For example, the new charger was taken from being a pure 2 door car to a 4 door sedan that still had the grunt of the classic charger... Plus people want 4 doors for the praticality.

I think the GTO, or more commonly known as the Monaro would have done 100x better only had they given it a different name. That simple. They should have just put Pontiac badges on it and called it the "Pontiac Monaro." I am not going to lie, I do like the styling of the GTO, and you get a lot for what you end up paying for one... but if I ever owned one, first mod... removing all of the badges and replacing them with Vauxhall Monaro badges. Because that�s really what it is... isnt it?

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
First thing that should have been done to this car in detailing it is removing the dealer sticker on the trunk lid

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
First thing that should have been done to this car in detailing it is removing the dealer sticker on the trunk lid

lol, she would... but we are kind of family friends with the dealer, hentz the really good deal for the car My mom doenst mind advertising the dealer at all, plus leaving that on there makes her oil changes with filter and tire rotation (when needed) only $19.99 and that includes a free wash

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
Originally posted by jtour:
Looks good.

My favorite pontiac is the GTO but the car looks sharpe.

Personally I look at the GTO and I get angry... I think Pontiac did the wrong marketing technique with it... Vauxhall made the car originally, since technically Vauxhall is Euro GM, but they made this sweet muscle car called the Monaro VXR with an early Vette engine for an extremely affordable price; GM liked the idea and brought it to America... The BIGGEST problem I saw with marketing this car was calling it the "GTO" because it was NOT in any way shape or form a GTO, nothing about it resembled the original. The reason why the charger, the new mustang, the new challenger, the new camaro, the reason why they are all so hyped about is because they ACTUALLY look like really retro versions of the older models made back in the day. People generally like old things with a cool new twist. For example, the new charger was taken from being a pure 2 door car to a 4 door sedan that still had the grunt of the classic charger... Plus people want 4 doors for the praticality.

I think the GTO, or more commonly known as the Monaro would have done 100x better only had they given it a different name. That simple. They should have just put Pontiac badges on it and called it the "Pontiac Monaro." I am not going to lie, I do like the styling of the GTO, and you get a lot for what you end up paying for one... but if I ever owned one, first mod... removing all of the badges and replacing them with Vauxhall Monaro badges. Because that�s really what it is... isnt it?

Oops I meant early GTO's I agree with you 100% The GTO looks like a cavalier on 'roids. Still I wouldnt mind having one.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
What happened to the tires and how about the engine compartment pics

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
What happened to the tires and how about the engine compartment pics

the tires are nothing amaizing.... I cleaned them but I dont put tire shine on them, it looks horrible with that big of a tire... Engine compartment... Come on, we have all seen a 3800... If you havent, where have you been for the last 3 decades?

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
A friend of mine picked up a 2004 last month and loves it. Its ok to me but there are a few things that I don't like.

You need to show your mother this site so she can get some aftermarket items for that thing!!!

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GP1906&Product_Count=&Category_Code=04EXT

Originally posted by Davo:
Good work, Dave. You're definitely the #1 interior guy around these parts; always innovating.

Redline Goods ShifterBoots:5% Discount
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
alias jerk, your so right about the rims, i bet if you had some bigger rims and thinner tires it would make a world of a difference.

99 contour se debadged "knauberized" fog light mod 17" Enkei CDR9 225/45/17 Contiextremecontacts Alpine CDA-9807 and 2 12" Kicker Comp C12 subwoofers http://members.cardomain.com/ridered81
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ridered81:
alias jerk, your so right about the rims, i bet if you had some bigger rims and thinner tires it would make a world of a difference.

exactly... just go to tirerack.com and use their rim viewing program... LOTS of way better rims that they could use... I saw a 99 with 18's on it and dumped, looked hawt.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Nice cleaning/ waxing job but this post needs...

less Pontiac!

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard