Next Thread
Print Thread
#1602758 07/02/06 10:00 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Finally did a bunch of things on my car that have been driving me crazy or wanted to mod for a while.

Lighted sunroof switch with red LED
Mystique rear dome light
Replaced headliner
Dead power mirror switch
Replaced drivers seat
Removed hood liner
Repaired hanging A-piller cover
Replaced rear deck carpet
Replaced drivers side flip down visor and fixed mirror lights

Earlier this week on the 2000:

Steam cleaned whole interior
Removed center console and cleaned thoroughly

Just so you know why I did some of that stuff.....

The headliner on the car was nasty. I didn't notice till I went to install the Mystique rear dome light this week. Looks like someone wiped off there hands on it in the rear after working on the car. All black smudges on it. It was also stained from when I got into my accident with the car. I was holding a hot chocolate when I was rear ended and I ended up throwing the cup at the windshield.

The vanity mirror on my side never lit up since I've owned the car. Never really cared enough to check it out or change the bulbs since I dont use the mirror. Also, it got stained from the hot chocolate but never showed because my CD holder covered the whole area. I figured now would be a good time to swap it.

The Mystique dome light has been sitting in my garage since the winter time when I got it. I got tired of not being able to see crap at night in the backseat, and every person that rode in the car say "Ummm, theres no light back here?". I wired it up pretty much like it would come from the factory since I had the headliner out of the car. I was able to run wires neatly across the roof all taped up and wire tied. Sunroof switch finally lights up now, and installed the red LED to match the rest of my interior.

Power mirrors stopped moving and didn't know why. Come to find out today it was unplugged from when I did my LED conversion about 1 year ago.

My drivers seat is starting to show its age and mileage. Bolster on the side near the door was a little flat and had little cracks starting to form. Leather was a little loose too. Didn't have the tight look to it like the other seats. The parts car had a better seat, and bolster was like brand new. Looks much better now.

A-piller cover on my side has been sagging since I bought my car. Just never bothered to fix it because it wasn't that bad. Turns out the clip was broken at the top and they used double sided tape to hold it on until it lost it's stickyness. All fixed and tight now.

Removed my nasty hood liner. Looks much better now without it and maybe cool down the engine on hot days.

The rear deck carpet and brake light were from my friends old 99 SVT he had. He installed my suspension for me a while back, and wanted my rear deck and install his in my car. Reason was the 98 rear deck brake light mounts differently, and if you remove the light, it does not have holes in the deck for the light. He installed a factory spoiler on his 99 and then removed his deck brake light to find out there was holes in the carpet. So we swapped but found out his carpet was dirty as hell and didn't know till it was in my car. Didn't bother me enough to find one and replace it, but the parts car one was perfect so I took it. Nice and clean now and the brake light actually files the black outline on the back window. The 99 light was much smaller.

Sorry for the useless post. Just felt good getting all these things done and perfecting little things I've wanted to do for a while.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
#1602759 07/02/06 10:12 PM
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
not useless post.
This is an awesome post!
It's so awesome to see all sorts of stuff being accomplished. I bet you feel like a million bucks now!

The most we'll have accomplished this weekend is wash/wax the GL.
Mike just went out to put a coat on now, and I'll be following soon after to go wipe it off.

We have one of those Mystique dome lights sitting around from one of our boneyard excursions a couple years ago.
No idea if it'll ever get installed. lol

The only other major weekend accomplishment was to swap the kitchen a/c with the bedroom a/c. The kitchen one is MUCH quieter. I can't wait to get a good night's sleep tonight.
I dunno why we never thought to do this sooner. We've had both units since 2001.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard