Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
I just got my contour, and came across a steal of a system, so I am putting it in. 3 Rockford Fosgate punch HE2 dvc 10" subs with a rockford Fosgate Punch 800a2 Amp wired to pull @ 2 ohms (parallel series I believe), 0 gauge power and ground wires, Monster Cable RCA cable, 100 amp in-line circuit breaker, Lightning audio distribution block and dual in-line fuse all for $200... even included his recipts for everything... about $1500 worth from a few years ago... anyway the question I have is which way should I point the subs? It is a ported box, with a slot port, but I don't know what the box is tuned to. Right now I have it pointed toward the passenger compartment and it slams! I would just turn it myself and check the difference, but it is a pain in the arse to move it, and figured someone on here would know already. Thanks in advance everyone for your help.

D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
Found my own answer... If any one ever wondered... Here is a really interesting article on the subject with SPL tests to prove it.

Woofer Aiming

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
The page cannot be found

99 svt black with blue pearl with to many miles
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
You have to start on the page before and click the aiming link:
http://www.installer.com/tech/aiming.html

Edit: Nevermind, Damien forgot a L at the end of the URL.

Last edited by KerryKool; 07/03/06 03:32 AM.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
Chalk it up to drunken copying and pasting...
The logic of it seems solid... or maybe I'm drunk... all I know is that almost 30 people viewed this post without chiming in... judging from the amount of arguments I have seen on this forum compared to others I am a member of that must mean something... needless to say I am turning my subs around tomorrow. We'll see if it works for me.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Face them both ways then decide which way you prefer.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:
Face them both ways then decide which way you prefer.

I did that It is easy to pick once you do that. There are reasons that custom shops face them toward the trunk. I dont think it is just for show. I could really tell the difference when I played with positioning.

3L process done

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard