Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
N
The engine stalled as I pulled into the parking spot, and hasn't started since. I had it in the air Saturday when I worked and saw what appears to be coolant traces running down the block from the ehaust manifold ports. Also took off the CAI and the front side of the TB butterfly and inside the UIM were wet. Trust me guys, she be dead. Funny thing is, I'm really not that upset about it. Even the people I know have been surprised at how candid I've been about everything and how I've even been joking around about it a bit. The moral of the story: Watch you temp guage, don't drive 75 (or higher) with (I'm assuming the original problem) a busticated water pump, and if you do, stay positive, getting upset about it accomplishes nothing.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Your engine just went too long overheated. How did the oil look/smell? My Mystique's engine ran fine, despite known overheating and burnt smell to the oil, so I crossed my fingers and bought my car. I noticed that my steering wheel/seat angle prevents me from seeing the Check Engine light and the temp gauge, unless I look at them on purpose, I guess I will keep an eye on the temp gauge!

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
3L time baby yeah!

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
The moral of the story: ............ stay positive, getting upset about it accomplishes nothing.

That's pretty much exactly what I say all the time...you know it's going to break, it's just a matter of time. Mine just turned 134k last night...and i just had my serpentine and waterpump belts replaced on friday night. my water pump belt was cracked all the way around..i think it was the original belt and the middle rib was missing all the way around on the serpentine belt!!!! good luck on yours and let us know what you end up doing!!

*~Bonnie~* 2000 CSVT, Amazon Green, built 2/?/00 135K and counting!!!!
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
CSVT, because like an orphan, someone has to take care of them.

N
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
N
I was just looking online at car-part.com and there's a place a couple hours south of me with an 01 taurus 3L (should be a dohc, that's what I searched for) with 8100 miles on it, with a warranty for $600. I think I may have to go for that if payday allows.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Evergreen Auto Recyclers near Detroit has 3L's all day with low mileage for $500 or less. Might want to check there as well.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by YaaaarrroTour:
Evergreen Auto Recyclers near Detroit has 3L's all day with low mileage for $500 or less. Might want to check there as well.

Is that anything like Greenleaf?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
It would be nice if there was some sort of blinking/audio warning when your temp was pegged. Most idiot lights are truly that, but the temperature is pretty important.

98 Contour V6 MTX, T-Red, 150k mi. Pic SVT Dual Exhaust, KKM Intake, Donnely Mirror, Dension DMP3 Player w/80GB of MP3s, Wheelskin 95 F-150 91 Mustang GT 06 Honda Shadow Aero
N
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
N

Any idea if they have a webpage or anything? I just did a quick Google search for Evergreen Auto recyclers and didn't get anything that looked right to me, but I'd be interested in checking them out.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by todras:

Is that anything like Greenleaf?

As stated.

http://www.greenleafauto.com/loc-detail.asp?id=27

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard