Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Hey all, long time no post for me. Last night I was cruising long I-96 between Grand Rapids and Lansing, looked down to see my temp gauge absolutely pegged. I realized I hadn't looked at the gauge in quite a while (a good half hour or more) and imediately figured the engine was toast. Managed to get it about a mile down the road to a rest area and when I popped the hood, I knew I wasn't going any further. I had steam coming out the end of my CAI, pulled the oil dipstick and had a plume of steam shooting out a good 4 inches. Anyway, had her flatbedded back to Traverse City to the Ford dealer where I work and will probably have a tech take a quick look just to confirm what I already believe. After 131,000 good miles, I believe the ol 2.5 is gone. R.I.P.
On the up side, I'm thinking it may be time to invest in 3L, plus I just bought a 95 mystique that's we're getting running so I should be able to drive that until I get the stuff for the 3L together.

In Memorium:

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Sorry to hear about the engine, but at least you now have an excuse for the 3L .

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
3L! man 3l!!!!!!

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
sorry to be OT, but how did you keep your CF cover from yellowing?? I noticed mine today has become discolored.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
N
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Originally posted by TGO:
sorry to be OT, but how did you keep your CF cover from yellowing?? I noticed mine today has become discolored.

No problem man, the key is to always use old pictures from when it was new, lol. Mine is now yellowed and cracked as well. It sucks.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
When I got my 2.5 Mystique, the temp gauge was stuck hot, it's running well after a new waterpump and thermostat, and coolant. Might be worth trying those, unless the head gasket(s) are permanently blown. Good luck with the 3L project otherwise!

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Was it still running when you stopped? You might as well fix the overheating problem and see if it's ok. Cars overheat all the time and run fine afterwards.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Yeah! It may be something as simple as the belt for the W/P breaking. Did you ever replace that!?

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Yeah! It may be something as simple as the belt for the W/P breaking. Did you ever replace that!?

I agree, I mean, if the engine was running smoothly when you shut it off then you might be in luck... Unless you just want to use this as a n excuse for 3L powah!

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
That milage isnt that insane, so somewhat dissapointing if the damage is catastrophic, unless you ripped on the car like there is no tomorrow, keep us updated though, damn, if I ripped my contour like my buddy kills his integra everytime he touches the pedal then I would recieve a prefered customer card from my local mechanic~

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard