Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
ok, so I have my stock head unit, and since there are no RCA outs for an external amp on it I decided to pick up this little number... Legacy LN60

Its a high level out to RCA connecter I picked one up for $12 shipped. Something to use for the next couple of months, as I am getting a really nice Head unit for christmas. My Corolla has a CD changer in the trunk which is aftermarket, its a Pioneer. The way its set up to turn it on you go to 88.9 on the radio and use a changer remote that comes up right next to the driver, which has a power button on it... I thought to myself "it would be sweet if I could turn the subs on and off with the CD changer..."

Since I know there is the signal line that goes from the amp to the back of the Head unit, which all its really for is to know when to turn the amp on and off... Could I just split the remote wire on the back of the changer so that I dont have to run the wire up to the head unit and I can turn the amp on and off as I please?

Someone correct me if I am wrong..

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
You could splice the remote wire for the amp into the power wire for the cd changer so when the cd changer is on, the amp will turn on.....I believe that is what you want, right?

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I would purchase a different LOC only because the brand but since its temporary go for it man... good luck

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
The "remote" wire that triggers the amp IS 12V, but the current draw required to POWER a cd changer will be far too much for what you will get from a HU "remote" wire. The only safe way to do THAT would be to have the remote wire turn on the amp AND trigger a relay, the relay passing a steady 12V from the battery to the cd changer. That would involve either running a 12V lead from the battery, or tapping in to something that can support higher current draw than a HU "remote" output.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard