Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
My car is going to be street driven every day. I had my hopes of a 500+ monster, but some things have held that back. I am still shooting for just under 400 wheels on race gas, and about 330 on 92 octane.

As a matter of contributing to the group, if you want reliable, BIG power out of the Zetec don't get Eagle rods, Pauter, Cosworth, Crower are all better and I may trade up again.

Hector is right about the axles I thought I had my answer in GCK, but it looks like they are a great replacement axle for a stock/lightly modified car, but not big power + extreme track circumstances.

On a personal note, Travis who was once a posting member here has cut and run with $750 of my money that was supposed to build a custom intake manifold.

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
Originally posted by KerryKool:
AWD would be something to see on a contour.

I know someone who is tinkering with making a contour AWD, knowing this guy, he can do it. No problem.

IIRC, the Mondeo had an AWD option in the early days. Not a lot of them sold, but the parts are out there so an AWD conversion may not be such a huge deal...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
And all you really gotta do is find a way to match Indy car CV joints to the MTX-75....

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Also, I remember a discussion about the chasis of the Contour not being a frame that can do 0-60 in 5 sec(just to say.) It just wasn't built like a mustang's chasis.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:
...but a 300-350 HP turbo Zetec. It would be reliable, wouldn't have to run too much boost, and more than likely would be faster than a Duratec Contour with the same power.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. It wouldn't cost an insane amount to do AND it would surprize pretty much everyone on the road.

Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
On a personal note, Travis who was once a posting member here has cut and run with $750 of my money that was supposed to build a custom intake manifold.

WTF?!? Where does he live? Any local CEG'ers that can pay him a visit?

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I just went to Cosworths websire and they have some pretty nicely built motors for sale. anyone think they can find out how to swap a 2.3 duratec for a 2.0 zetec?

Also, they have a new S/C out for $3000

One more quest... do the new 4cyl duratecs have the same DYI intake that we have on the zetec? I was just noticing the carb and Manifold kits they have up and it just looks like the short runner.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
It's not cheap, but Turbo Tom is offering a 2.3L stroker kit for the 2.0 Zetec. It is on his Focus Power website.

They have also made individual carb kits for the Zetec for a loong time. The Lotus/Caterham guys do it all the time. Check out Burton Power and go to the Fuel System->Carburettors & Kits->Weber DCOE section.

BTW, the Duratec 4 cylinder is backwards from the Zetec 4 cylinder. (The intake is on the front by the radiator, and the exhaust is on the back by the firewall.)

HTH,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Geeez. It's friggin' dead in here.

Do I hear crickets?

BP

L
CEG road warrior
OP Offline
CEG road warrior
L
I am getting more parts for my Evo......the insanity continues....soon I will be installing a GT42R with a 2.3L stroker.....it will happen eventually.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:

BTW, the Duratec 4 cylinder is backwards from the Zetec 4 cylinder. (The intake is on the front by the radiator, and the exhaust is on the back by the firewall.)

HTH,
BP

Well yeah, but do they have just short runners or both like zetecs??

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard