Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I use the generic MotoMaster stuff from CDN Tire, or that STP stuff.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
STP stuff from Costco.. comes to about $1.95 or so per oil change

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I've heard/read that STP is crap, but who knows?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Anyone use lucas? We sell about every brand that was mentioned in this post at my work. It seems the Lucas is the most popular. Price is also very effective. 3.59! I have noticed that it is much thicker almost like an oil compared to most brands. Its also sold as an upper cylinder lubricant. How do yo guys feel about the product? I have been using it for about a year now. My car seems to be running very smooth with the stuff!

Midnight Red 95 Contour SE 5 speed, fully loaded. kkm M.A.F. adapter w/ K&N ru-3530, single Magnaflow muffler w/ no res. 2.25" custom catback exhaust, grafite painted stock 95 SE rims on bfgoodrich touring T/A's, 35% window tint around.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I always use a bottle of the Lucas injector cleaner at every oil change, and have had good success. It contains no harmful solvents or alcohol like some other cleaners. Every auto parts store i go in highly advertises this product. I think its like $4 a bottle.

98 Black Contour SVT, #2386 of 6535 How can you live without CEG?
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
I used Lucus in the gas tank before. Worked pretty well for me, and that was just one treatment.

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by iso50:
I used Lucus in the gas tank before. Worked pretty well for me, and that was just one treatment.

Ditto. I either use that or Seafoam or B-12. They all work well. I prefer the Lucas over the others and Seafoam has gotten high in price.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by XKontour98:
and Seafoam has gotten high in price.

Yeah, no kidding. I just spent $6.59 for a bottle of Seafoam, compared to the Berryman's priced at $3.99. The Techron was dang 'spensive too. Ten cents more than the Seafoam.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Originally posted by XKontour98:
and Seafoam has gotten high in price.

Yeah, no kidding. I just spent $6.59 for a bottle of Seafoam, compared to the Berryman's priced at $3.99. The Techron was dang 'spensive too. Ten cents more than the Seafoam.

Damn! I would have bought something else for that price. Ours jumped up from $3.59/bottle to five somethin.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard