Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I've been tossing around the idea of painting the mirror housings black. I've got fairly dark tinted windows, and in my mind black mirrors would improve the lines of the car.

Here's a before:

And after:

I've got a parts car I can swipe mirrors off of, so I won't be permanently screwing up my car. But it's a bit of work, and I'm lazy. So, how about a poll to see what people's opinions are?

Should I paint the mirror housings black?
Yes
No

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
i think you should paint the black part silver to match the car.

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by pimpdcontour:

I already know I don't want to do that, any more than I want to paint the sail panels silver. IMO it totally destroys the sweeping lines of the car. It leaves you with a squared off chunk of silver (or whatever color another car might be) that looks completely out of place. So I've decided it's black or leave it alone.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
some tours came with non body color side view mirrors. You should look for those.

example:

ChattavegasSE

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I was thinking about this the other day. Weird.

I'm not to sure if you sould paint it or not. If you had black rims, paint it.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Originally posted by pimpdcontour:

I already know I don't want to do that, any more than I want to paint the sail panels silver. IMO it totally destroys the sweeping lines of the car. It leaves you with a squared off chunk of silver (or whatever color another car might be) that looks completely out of place. So I've decided it's black or leave it alone.

Ok that is a good point that i never thought of. Plus i have a black contour. So it would look better gloss black for me. However if you do paint post pics as i wanna see what it looks like painted.

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
some tours came with non body color side view mirrors. You should look for those.

example:

ChattavegasSE

See...now if he had tinted windows, they'd disappear completely and nothing would interfere with the curve of the A-pillar all the way back to the C-pillar. I think I really dig this...and I think I'll start yanking the mirrors off the parts car. I'll definitely post pics when I get this done.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I say just leave the mirror housings alone.

I use to have non-body colored mirrors(flat black) on mine and when I got them painted to match the body paint they looked so much better.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard