Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by SVT4STD:
Todd, you deuche! That's a Pre-98 switch, not a Post-98.

Change it with a Post-98 and it will work fine now.

can always try one out of the back door to see if it works ... or just run a power wire to the other terminal

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

Well, I just realized the one I have in there now is the post 98. The one I took a pic of is the pre that Kev gave me. It's still not working.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by todras:

Well, I just realized the one I have in there now is the post 98. The one I took a pic of is the pre that Kev gave me. It's still not working.

I dunno, I give up.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Guess I need to look at the one I have in there and take a pic. I'm going to get this damn thing going this w/e!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Todd...See if the switch works in one of the doors. Quite a few of the switches we grabbed from the junkyard didnt light up.

As far as the moonroof for the original poster, since you have a SE, I'll bet $1.50 it's aftermarket.

Theres a way to program the buttons to set which buttons open and close it. Griselda has a Moonroof just like yours on the Focus, I'll check out the manual for it this weekend....

Steve

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I previously owned a 1999 SE Sport with a factory power moonroof. I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt that the car's moonroof didn't close after the car was turned off. So there are two possibilities. One is that your moonroof is aftermarket. Two is sometimes Ford gets random parts and things like that happen. My grandma had 2 different 1997 Lincoln Continentals that were built 1 month apart. The one built in January had a one touch open factory sunroof. It didn't one touch or auto close. The one built in March also had a factory sunroof. It had one touch open, one touch close, and it closed the roof after ignition off. Another 1997 we test drove with a factory sunroof built in June worked the same way as the one my grandmother had that was built in January.

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Take a pic of the buttons or describe them, I betcha that $1.50 it's aftermarket.

I know the MI guys won't take my bets, cause I'll take thier lunch money again!!!

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Uh...there's an ASC button on the left of mine that illuminates red when its "active" and isnt illuminated and "inactive" when it isnt. When its red and "active" it keeps the moonroof open or whatever position you have it in when the car is on or off. When it isnt illuminated and "inactive" it will close the moonroof from whatever position it is in when the car is turned off. I dont know if that helps or if that was the first thing looked at and not worth mentioning. Just throwing in what little I know.

98' CSVT #1578 of 6535 Born July 3rd, 1997 My Ride Others: 98 Grand Am GT (For Sale) 02 Firebird
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by DarthMuppet:
Uh...there's an ASC button on the left of mine that illuminates red when its "active" and isnt illuminated and "inactive" when it isnt. When its red and "active" it keeps the moonroof open or whatever position you have it in when the car is on or off. When it isnt illuminated and "inactive" it will close the moonroof from whatever position it is in when the car is turned off. I dont know if that helps or if that was the first thing looked at and not worth mentioning. Just throwing in what little I know.

You definitely have an aftermarket sunroof my friend.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Ya'll owe me a buck fiddy!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard