Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
Greetings all,
I just got my 99 contour SE and have bewen going through fixing all the things that have been neglected by the previous owners(cloudy headlights, broken clock spring, mis wired gauges, bad door speaker, etc.), and have also discovered many of the mods done(replaced bulbs with led's in every possible place, foglight / parking light mod, bat sport spring kit, short ram cold air intake, etc.). When I first got the car, I could open the sunroof, turn the car off and it would stay open. A few days later, I went through and replaced any burnt out fuses, and put good backup fuses in the slots that are "unused". Now when I have the sun roof open in any position, and turn off the car it closes. Is there a way to make it so it will just stay open like it did before? Thanks for any response and also thanks to all of you for the help I have gotten so far by reading through your posts.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
This a bad thing?! I wish mine would do that. I'm pretty sure that most everybodys will stay open once the car is turned off. Ohh wait, maybe I know from experience because thats how they stole my stereo!

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Welcome Damien . Try removing the fuses in the previously "unused" spots one by one.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
Maybe it was another one of the previous owners modifications. This guy went hog wild on this thing... dynamat in every door, hood liner removed, under pulley, port polished uim, blue paint all over the place on inside body panels, pre 98 center console swap... if only he would have done the svt bumper cover / sideskirt swap... I want them. I'll take the advice and maybe just keep it the way it is... already had head unit, memphis st-1000d amplifies and 2 jl 13w7's stolen from my celica this winter so I know the thieves are lurking nasty. Thanks for the reality check!

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by YaaaarrroTour:
This a bad thing?! I wish mine would do that.

Ya really.

I can't even remember the number of times i've parked my car in downtown Detroit in a parking structure...walked 3 or 4 blocks then had to walk back to the parking structure to check if i closed the sunroof. I rarely forget..but this would be a cool mod!

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
so what fuse locations did you put a fuse in to make this happen?

All that I can think of is someone installed the sunrrof control board that allows you to control the sunroof from the keyless entry remote, iirc when Elky was putting a battery in his car the sunroof would start to open when the battery was connected

or someone used a hightower one touch relay to control the sunroof like this ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
my sunroof opens whe you hook up the battery because i installed a one-touch thingy.
i can also open or close my sunroof with my key fob.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
I put a 30amp fuse in every fuse spot that said "not used" in the owners manual. It has an after market alarm, so they must have wired some of it's functions to the stock fuse panel. It does some other things too... like starter kil, trunkm open... the usual alarm stuff. I can't seem to control the sun roof with the iirc though.

D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
Oh, one more thing that might be worth mentioning. The swith for the sunroof is lighted up... I thought I read somewhere on here that the switches didn't light up.. maybe they threw in some extras when they did that.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Damien:
Oh, one more thing that might be worth mentioning. The swith for the sunroof is lighted up... I thought I read somewhere on here that the switches didn't light up.. maybe they threw in some extras when they did that.

when stock the sunroof switch doesn't light up, if you put in a 98+ switch and iirc ground the illumination terminial on the switch you can have a lighted switch. you can also use a pre98 switch but you need both power and ground for illumination

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard