CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
P
Pole120 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Do you do the whole nine yards with countersinking the screws and whatnot?

Yes....Do you expect anything less from PRT?

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by cinder:
What is the benefits of having the TB optimized. Thanks

Link

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
I'm looking for someone to sell me a stock or optimised TB. I'm in the UK so it will need shipping over the pond.

Anyone?

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
You have a PM

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Interested. Would like to know more info like how much the core charge will be in addition to the cost. And will the TB you use for opt. be an SVT one if I have a SVT core? (same thing for SE's)?

-Joe

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
How long of a turnaround would this be? i.e. how long will my car be down?
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Pole120:
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
Josh,
Will the TBs be optimized by hand or machine?

Hand. However i will be using a micrometer to ensure consistant thickness throughout the remaining shaft portion. I can see a machine being usefull and benificial timewise for plaining the side of the shaft flat; by hand working it however i can chamfer the edged of the shaft as well for smoother flow. I put about 2-3 hours time into each TB.

Not to knock what you are doing at all, you have done a fantastic job with your motor mounts but...
hand vs. machine...there is no comparison in the quality of the job when it is done properly on the correct machines. I'm not talking hand drill or dremel...I'm talking modifying the shaft in a milling machine, tapering the intake and output of the TB in a lathe and countersinking the TB plate in a drill press with the proper 100 deg. counter sink not a drill bit like some others have done. Also replacing the screws with 100 deg. flathead S/S screws and cutting them down flush with the back side of the TB shaft. Plus if you are spending 2-3 hours on each TB that is way too much time. Set up on the proper machines can be done easily in half that time with far superior quality work.

You can't produce this kind of results by hand on the TB housing...the shaft isn't as hard and can be done by hand if nessasary as long as the plate is countersunk on a drill rpess with a 100 deg. countersink. This SVT TB was smothed and opend up on a lathe...now it was an experiment and is over bored a LOT to repair a botched attempt by another member to create a 65mm TB out of a SVT TB...it is now a 67mm after the repair and machining (see the small circular area around the TB shaft). I have not finished the new shaft and TB plate yet but you can see the results of using a lathe to do the machining, this can not be matched by hand no matter how much time you spend.

Here is a optimized 65mm Mustang TB (bottom, shaft not done yet in pic) vs. a stock SVT TB for a comparison of optimized vs. no-optimized (housing only of course).

-Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
def interested just need all the info posted

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by scottd60:
Not to knock what you are doing at all, you have done a fantastic job with your motor mounts but...
hand vs. machine...there is no comparison in the quality of the job when it is done properly on the correct machines. I'm not talking hand drill or dremel...I'm talking modifying the shaft in a milling machine, tapering the intake and output of the TB in a lathe and countersinking the TB plate in a drill press with the proper 100 deg. counter sink not a drill bit like some others have done. Also replacing the screws with 100 deg. flathead S/S screws and cutting them down flush with the back side of the TB shaft. Plus if you are spending 2-3 hours on each TB that is way too much time. Set up on the proper machines can be done easily in half that time with far superior quality work.

You can't produce this kind of results by hand on the TB housing...the shaft isn't as hard and can be done by hand if nessasary as long as the plate is countersunk on a drill rpess with a 100 deg. countersink. This SVT TB was smothed and opend up on a lathe...now it was an experiment and is over bored a LOT to repair a botched attempt by another member to create a 65mm TB out of a SVT TB...it is now a 67mm after the repair and machining (see the small circular area around the TB shaft). I have not finished the new shaft and TB plate yet but you can see the results of using a lathe to do the machining, this can not be matched by hand no matter how much time you spend.

I concur. I have examined one of Scott's optimized throttle bodies and there is absolutely no comparison between hand and machine optimization. Scott has told me he will be offering this service in the near future. Josh, no intent to hijack your thread or anything - I'm sure your TBs will be a good offer to CEGers.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard