Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
RazMan Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
Greetings from across the pond.

I am building a V6 Duratec mid engine GT car and have a performance related question to put to you guys.

My engine is a stock 2.5L from a Mondeo (your Contour I believe) and I have added an SVT UIM & LIM with injectors. At present I am still running the stock (non SVT) TB and wonder which choice of TB would be best for my application. I am running an MBE ecu and will probably either pin the secondaries or remove them altogether. Loss of low down torque is not an issue as my car will only weigh 700kg and it is a track day racer anyway.

Should I go for a stock 60mm SVT TB or go a bit larger with a 65-70mm, bearing in mind I can re-map to compensate for any change in airflow?

Any advice is appreciated as us Brits don't seem to tune this lovely engine. Great forum btw

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Use the 60mm throttle body. The larger ones show a drop in horsepower on a 2.5 engine. The 65 mm works fine if you have a 3.0 liter engine.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
and optimize the 60mm TB, its nice that way

R
RazMan Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
Pretty much what I thought so it is nice to have it confirmed. Are there any suppliers on this forum who could send me an optimised 60mm TB? They are like hens teeth in the UK.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i don't have an optimized tb, but i do have a big crate of hens teeth if you need some.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I Believe "Brad Noon" was selling these awhile back. Look him up on this forum and see if he still has any optimized throttle bodies laying around. Could be a long shot though due to how long ago he was offering these for sale.

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I Believe "Brad Noon" was selling these awhile back. Look him up on this forum and see if he still has any optimized throttle bodies laying around. Could be a long shot though due to how long ago he was offering these for sale.

Not every word is capitalized!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I think Pole is running a group buy for modifying throttle bodies right now.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

Hey Pete!!!!....Check out the last post in suspension under "Lower Control Arms"...Dammit!

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

Hey Pete!!!!....Check out the last post in suspension under "Lower Control Arms"...Dammit!

Where is Pale Horse and what have you done with him? Don't you think his family will miss him?

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard