Next Thread
Print Thread
#1598694 06/26/06 09:53 PM
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Hello I race autocross with my car, I dont have a modified oil pan so i fill my car with oil to or a little bit over the max line on the dip stick. I notced when i went to replace my air filter that there was a good amout of oil in my air intake. I purchased a oil separator for my car and am wondering what hose on the air intake is the one i will need to splice into to take care of this problem. Thanks for your help!
Aspensvt
If you have pic's please post them too!

#1598695 06/26/06 10:25 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Use this for "oil separator". That may help you out a bit.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
#1598696 06/27/06 08:00 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
You can splice into either of the valve cover vent tubes or even splice both together and then into the catch can. You can also splice into the PCV tube. Do not splice the valve cover vent tubes AND PCV into the same catch can. You will injest a lot of oil that way and the catch can will fill very quickly. Or, run 2 catch cans, one for PCV and one for Valve covers. If you are getting oil in the filter, you may have excessive blow by from the rings or valve seals and a catch can will only give you minimal help. You may want to check you PCV and see if it is working properly. Clogged PCV can push crankcase air through the valve cover vents and into your filter and intake.

Good luck.

Mike

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?

Link Copied to Clipboard