Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by RogerB:
Well, Contours couldn't put the intake in that location unless we relocated the radiator "catch can" to the driver's side.

I'm not at all sure the S/C unit would fit, but then I'm no expert on the engine bay, either.

Part of the install is to relocate the radiator overflow canister to the driver side...

Ah! I was thinking for a minute that the Cougar came that way (but I couldn't imaging why)

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
The supplied PS pulley will have to be modified to give a LARGER SC drive pulley to get more boost. If you make the PS pulley smaller, you're over-boosting the PS. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. The pulley/shaft at the SC end is already pretty darn small.

you are not understanding me.

You have the stock ps pulley on. You then bolt the super charger ps pulley on top of you stock ps currently on ur car. So u have 2 pulleys on the same ps pole. 1 for your stock belt driven. then the other pulley gets its own belt.
That would nod make ur ps run any faster it still has its stock revolutions.

Does that make sense.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Rickson:
The supplied PS pulley will have to be modified to give a LARGER SC drive pulley to get more boost. If you make the PS pulley smaller, you're over-boosting the PS. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. The pulley/shaft at the SC end is already pretty darn small.

you are not understanding me.

You have the stock ps pulley on. You then bolt the super charger ps pulley on top of you stock ps currently on ur car. So u have 2 pulleys on the same ps pole. 1 for your stock belt driven. then the other pulley gets its own belt.
That would nod make ur ps run any faster it still has its stock revolutions.

Does that make sense.

Sure, but if you make the SC drive pully on the PS pole smaller, the SC turns slower, not faster. The other end of the belt is pretty much a drive shaft on the SC, so making that smaller may not be an option.

Maybe we're both cloudy on what the other is trying to express...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
OP Offline
R
If you would like to purchase a kit please PM me!

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Heres some info from a Blackcoog, he posted over on the SVTOA Twin Cities forums... clicky

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Right now, he ordered a BOV and FMIC. So after he installs these. He will be making a trip to the dyno.

Also after he installed this supercharger. His car is runing mad rich he said.

His dyno will make it or break it for this kit.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I'm VERY close to buying it for this winter. I will be taking care of my parent's cars here in Cleveland while the move to Florida for the Fall, Winter, and Spring.

So I'm thinking of spending a few months customizing the crap out of the kit and making it ideal. I know it isn't too amazing of a kit but it will give me something to do as it snows 100" in 3 months. And i'll just have to drive around my dad's xkr while my car's DND.

Just think the kit has some potential if every pipe is thought out weeks at a time, with no rush to get it going.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Taking the turbo off my car soon. Will be for sale on ebay, and I put 34k miles on my SVT and it worked great. I am taking it back to stock for trade in or selling it stock. Just a heads up. -B.
PM me for detail's

1998 SVT With a few mod's RACECAR IS RACECAR BACKWORDS ! #970 of 2395 Black/blue *****FOR SALE*****
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Hell, do I ditch a new ride and swap this in with mtx?

Interesting..

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
How much power does this create. Not sure how much it would be with having to push the air so far!

Thats a might small looking intake/charger. Again whats its HP rating?

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard