Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by recliner15:
Sorry to say I doubt he will be

Thats too bad, I would only assume hed get alot more orders that way. Maybe he makes most his margin on the piping....

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Well, Contours couldn't put the intake in that location unless we relocated the radiator "catch can" to the driver's side.

I'm not at all sure the S/C unit would fit, but then I'm no expert on the engine bay, either.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
one of the pictures show the radiator overflow relocated to the original airbox location.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by RogerB:
Well, Contours couldn't put the intake in that location unless we relocated the radiator "catch can" to the driver's side.

I'm not at all sure the S/C unit would fit, but then I'm no expert on the engine bay, either.

Part of the install is to relocate the radiator overflow canister to the driver side, so not an issue. The SC was installed in a Cougar, so the engine bay dimensions should be close to the SAME. The Cougar might even have a slightly lower hood?? I'm no expert either, but it should fit in a Contour just fine.

When this GB first started, I was considering it as an alternative. It seems to be a very nice low cost kit, but because the creator of the kit never seems to post & it's being sold/marketed by a third party, I've been uncomfortable with the whole financial & accountability arrangements so will be taking my project in a different direction. As kits get delivered & installs completed, we will all get more comfortable with them, I'm sure.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Ill be waiting to see how they work on other peoples cars. I want to see how reliable the little supercharger is and all that fun stuff. I may of missed it, but who makes this supercharger? is there a support market for it? If someone were to buy it and decided to go retarded crazy are there several different internal upgrades / pullies? (not just the upgrade you can get with the Group buy).

The reason I would want only the bracket and charger is because id like to clock the outlet twoards the headlight, and run it across the front like stazi has into a water / air cooler and then a nice radiused bend to the TB (which would put a nice lenght of straight pipe in front of the MAF... (I give credit to worldtour for the idea )

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

The reason I would want only the bracket and charger is because id like to clock the outlet twoards the headlight, and run it across the front like stazi has into a water / air cooler and then a nice radiused bend to the TB (which would put a nice lenght of straight pipe in front of the MAF... (I give credit to worldtour for the idea )

to me that would be a much better way to route the piping but I suppose that leads to an issue with relocating the coolant tank ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by BrApple:
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

to me that would be a much better way to route the piping but I suppose that leads to an issue with relocating the coolant tank ...

The new relocated coolant tank would still be fine there.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I believe that is what pud is refering too as runnin gyour own pipes. This is a car over on neco. He used a procharger the same way TK is doing his supercharger setup. He also did his own piping like many others would like to do with this kit.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/carboncougar/myenginebay1.jpg

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Thats very close to what I was thinking.

Brapple, with the battery relocated, and the coolant tank turned, or a new one made... like that one there would be plenty of room for an air to water.

And if that fails, there is always a front mount

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
im very interested.....

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard